Reviews (1 632)
1 632 results
All reviews breakfast cottage outdoor pool within walking distance great location diving board room was clean motor lodge separate building steinwehr ave free breakfast great place to stay waffles no elevator first floor visitor's center shops and restaurants would stay here again
9 - 14 of 1 632 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The location of this motel is very convenient to everything. It is right below the National Cemetery and across a field from where the old visitor center was. We've stayed there several times over the years and everything is always clean and tidy. They have a full breakfast served in a little cottage.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
laurawmares, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words and for your loyalty to us! See you next time!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had a great experience when my family and I stayed. My room was clean and was affordable. That staff was great. Jane and Barb who ran the breakfast in the cottage were very friendly and kept up with the service. They were very professional and kind to everybody they encountered. I would definitely stay again!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
laurawmares, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you! I will be sure to pass your compliments onto Barb & Jane. See you next time!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We are travelling as a family group of 6 with two teens, two in their 50’s and 2 in their 70’s. We booked three rooms in April 2018 for a stay in November 2018 and specifically requested the room for my elderly father to be on the ground floor as he has suffered a stroke and can not climb stairs let alone carry his bag up them. We booked online through The Choice Hotels website because they are part of that group. When we arrived after a long day of driving they had placed my father in second story room but we did not find that out until we had walked around the whole building in the freezing cold. We then went back to reception and showed the girl the printed confirmation of a request for a ground floor room. She said ohhhh you didn’t book it through us (what???) and all king bed rooms are on the second floor. We did not know that because we have never been here before and asked her if they actually read the special requests on their emails or not and suggested that they could have emailed us (months ago) to let us know that. We asked her to please give him a room on the ground floor but she seemed to have to get approval for that and so that meant more waiting. Ok finally she changed the room to a ground floor but separate beds for my father and his partner then they charged them an extra $10. Ok then we need to do some washing. There is one washing machine and one dryer for 109 rooms. The laundry is locked and you need to get the key from reception BUT they only give the key to one person at a time. We went to the laundry and there was no one there so reception rang the people with the key to return it and you guessed it they couldn’t get hold of them so we had to find a coin laundry in town. On a positive note the room was nice but the start left us frustrated and tired so a nice room didn’t really make us feel any better.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

I'm sorry we failed to exceed your expectations, however, if you book a second floor online (which the difference is clearly specified on our website), we place you in a second floor room. The disclaimer next to the box where you made your request reads: "Subject to availability, may incur additional charges. This information won't be viewed until checkin." A request is just that- a request and it does not supersede a guaranteed booking for a second floor room. In any hotel you stay in, whenever guests have mobility issues I ALWAYS recommend calling the hotel directly and in advance to ensure you are booked in a room type that best fits your needs. Yes, ground floor rooms are an additional $10 more per night (again, clearly specified on our website).

The laundry facility is locked with one key to allow guests the convenience of locking their laundry up until it's done and not having to worry about other guests moving their things. If you need your laundry done urgently there is a laundromat less than one block away.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

I truly enjoy staying here. The accommodations are clean and neat. Staff is very friendly. The location is perfect. You are in the middle of town, and can walk to the shops and attractions there. At night, there are some nice restaurants you can walk to for food and drink. I personally like to stop at the Reliance Mine a hop skip and a jump from the inn. You can use the inn as your "base of operations" for when you go out to explore the Battlefield in your car. And they have a fantastic free breakfast. Waffles, sausage, cereal, orange juice. Delicious. So whenever possible, I try to stay here when I'm in Gettysburg.

Room tip: Certain times of the year are very popular. You would do well to book early in those cases.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
laurawmares, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thanks! We appreciate your glowing review about our property! The Reliance Mine Saloon is definitely one-of-a-kind. See you next time!

Reviewed 5 November 2018

The only place I will stay in Gettysburg. great rooms and prices. Friendly personal that helps you. Pet friendly. I take my dog every place I go. Breakfast out of this world. The ladies that work their do a great job. Good location next to the battlefield. Quite location for a good sleep

Room tip: Talk to the people at the desk. Very helpful and friendly.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Laura M, Manager at Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Thank you! We are so lucky to have a great staff of employees! We are dog friendly, but do have an entire building dedicated to no pet rooms for those guests who may have allergies or sensitives. See you next time!