“Awesome”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We had spent all day in Gettysburg and needed to eat. It was about a 25 minute wait, but very much well with it. The meatloaf was one of the best I've ever had.

Sarah D, Guest Relations Manager at Farnsworth House Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Please come back again soon! Thanks for the review!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 428)

113 - 117 of 1 428 reviews

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Quick, fun stop for a cocktail & apps! The barkeep was friendly and fun and the period atmosphere was fun for us tourists!

Thank you for the review! Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2018

first off, the sweeney tavern was excellent,I had the chicken pot pie and it was to die for! now we were there to ghost hunt and were lucky to get a private four hour ghost tour/hunt with Mary and her sister Sam and they had a trainee with them named Olivia. what a night we had,I'll never forget it as long as I live. we brought our own gear with us and one of the items we brought were 2 rem pods and they were lit up all night long. the activity was constant and Mary herself said it was one of the most active nights she has seen in a while. we have not processed our evidence yet and am very excited to do so but wanted to jump on here and say a big thank you to the ladies for providing myself and the three other people I was with, a night I never will forget! I recommend you ask for Mary, Sam and Olivia by name.Mary who seemed to be the group leader was very well versed in the history of gettysburg and all the historical things that went on during the civil war. so to close whether your in gettysburg for history tour or a ghost hunt ask for Mary and her sister Sam and Olivia by name!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I have always wanted to dine here and finally got the chance. We made reservations (always a good idea) and were seated right away. The waitress was dress in period costume and the food was unusual in that it was period also. Pickled watermelon rind...a must try. You get the Jennie Wade bread with apple butter and Southern spoon bread included in a dinner meal Had the House Specialty, Game Pie. It did Not disappoint. A good drink to try is the 3rd US Infantry. I loved the ambiance..Great meal good experience, would do it again.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you had a great time! I hope that you do come back and dine with us again soon. We would love to have you back.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

But stopped by to see the bullet holes in the side of the building I. We were told stories of the house and wanted to see them for ourselves. It was a fun stop and my son got a kick out of it.

Sarah D, Public Relations Manager at Farnsworth House Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thank you for the review! Please come back again soon!