“Nice small diner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I was with the wife and kids and we were hungry. Other place had long wait time. We saw the diner and went in. The service was great. We were seated right away. The food came fast and was very good. We all enjoyed our meals. The portions were big. I'd have no problem eating here again.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Overall typical diner food with really large portions. My food was a bit too salty for me but I will say I am more sensitive than most when it comes to salt. Otherwise very good and tasty.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

The Lincoln Dinner is a "greasy spoon," That is not a derogatory comment, its a compliment. Every town should an institution like the Lincoln! The guests are locals, college students, and tourists. Everyone seems to know that this is the place to go for good, homestyle food, and friendly service.

As you walk in, you are entering a stereotypical road side diner. There is a long counter one one side and booths on the other. And, you can not miss seeing the display case with some very inviting deserts! In the back there is a dining room with both tables and booths.

Today we were there for breakfast. My choice was a Western Omelet, my wife chose French Toast. Good choices, both. On past visits we've had lunch or dinner. The menu choices are varied, the food is always great, and service meets the same high standard.

Make no mistake, there its nothing fancy or elegant about the Lincoln. Its a diner, its a great diner, and that is why we keep on going back!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We've been here before and my husband likes to come here every time he is in Gettysburg. The first time we were here with the kids, we had this huge banana split that had, like, 10 scoops of ice cream, whip cream, chocolate sauce, cherries, etc. We couldn't even finish it!
This time we had the Reuben and Rachel sandwiches. It was good, nothing spectacular. We came back later after our tour of the Battlefields and had one of their delicious-looking desserts.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We go to Gettysburg about 4 to 5 times a year but we have never eaten at the Lincoln Diner. We are very glad we did this time. The wait staff were very friendly. I got the meat loaf and my husband got a burger. The meat loaf was excellent and my husbands burger was huge and was very good. We will be back to Gettysburg for the Holidays and I know we will be stopping by the Lincoln Diner while we are there.
Kathy Young