“Typical Diner and Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Have been hearing about thus place sunce we have been coming to Gettysburg. Husband had lasagna. He said it tasted good but was a little greasy. I had a Patty Melt. It tasted very good except, it too, was greasy. It was typical diner food. I would give it a try again. The help was super friendly.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Great food railroad car diner. Lots of food choices. Burgers, hot sandwiches, Italian food, daily specials. Lots of desert options too. Great prices

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived at 1030am on a Sunday to a very crowded seat yourself diner. We had to take 2 stools at the counter however that was fine. What was not fine is being ignored for 10 minutes then being told I will be right with you 4 times. Acknowledgement and a coffee, water, etc would make a wait understandable. Eventually a waitress from another area came to our aid. Almost an hour after we arrived our breakfast was delivered. Our coffee and soda were taken off the bill I assume as a comp for our wait. We left very underwhelmed and probably will try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Since we visit Gettysburg often, the Lincoln Diner has become a safe bet when we want to avoid the long lines at other places and still get a good meal. The service at our last visit however, left a lot to be desired.
It first began with having our drinks delivered without straws. I got up but didn't want to disturb our waitress who was sitting by the counter looking at her phone, so I asked the cashier, who immediately supplied us with some from her apron. Next, after awhile, our waitress approached us to state that our meals will be a little delayed since's the cook's printer ran out of paper and he was remiss in refilling it. Lastly, when our meal did come, I went to use the ketchup for my fries and 1.) discovered it was empty and 2.) when supplied with a new bottle, I had to unscrew the cap and remove the foil covering myself. Not exactly the usual service you find here.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

we were in town with our teens, and were looking for a diner. We found exactly what we were looking for. Friendly staff, diner environment, good food, great looking desserts that we were too full to partake in. Everyone liked their meals - my liver was a tad overcooked but not bad. my son raved about his milkshake. it is charming, clean and overall a great diner experience.