“Anniversary Dinner”

Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 138 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$24 - US$36
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Description: Fine dining in a cozy, business casual atmosphere. ~ Wine Spectator Award of Excellence ~ Susquehanna Style Magazine Silver Spoon Award Winner Business Meetings, Bus Groups, Rehearsal Dinners and other Private Events from 10-150. Please call directly to make a dinner reservation. UBER Available On Premise Ask for Ride Info When Making Your Reservation
Reviewed 30 September 2018

My wife and I ate dinner at the Inn at Herr Ridge for our wedding anniversary. We did the four course meal and the food was outstanding. From the soup and salad, small plate, large plate and dessert. I highly recommend the Baby Baked Brie, Crab Soup and Filet Minon. My wife and I love the Gettysburg area and have been visit several times a year for the last 15 years and this was the best food that we've had. We will be back!

herrtav, Director of Sales at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your meal and hope you had a great anniversary! Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

One of the highlights of our trip to Gettysburg was the meal at the Inn at Herr Ridge. Service was fantastic and even though they did not have my first choice of entree (pork chop) the halibut was out of this world. If we return to Gettysburg this is a must do.

stevenW3976, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2018

We are so glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We love to hear great reviews. Our chef is excellent and takes great pride in all of his dishes. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We decided to try the Inn at Herr ridge for our first B &B experience and it was not what was expected. The overall expierence was good, dinner was slow moving (fine dining)but good, the breakfast was delicious, the room was modern, most of the staff were friendly. We stayed in room 16, which was not in the bed and breakfast but two houses down which was kind of a bummer. There was some construction going on when we stayed as well.

Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously. We have 17 beautiful rooms in our B and B. 12 rooms are in the "main house" that was built in 1815 and each has its own character. The other 5 rooms (where you stayed) are in our Anna Herr's B and B which is on property and are all decorated beautifully as well. All of the descriptions of the rooms are on our website and give the characteristics of each room when you book with us. We would of been glad to of moved you to our "main house" if you would of let us know you wanted a more historic feel. The Anna Herr's building is more "modern" on the outside as it was built more recently. The Anna Herr's building has our more inexpensive rooms, but still has all of the accommodations and homey feel to it. We are glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We have a very friendly staff and welcome you from the time you get here with a glass of champagne until the time you check out. The construction that you are referring to is our now finished New Barn Event Center which is absolutely beautiful and hope you will return to take a look.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived on time for our 6pm reservation & were seated promptly by a warm, welcoming hostess. We were given the choice of sitting in the dining room or on the porch; the weather being perfect, we picked the porch. My dining companion & I chose the 4-course pre-fixe option, thinking we’d get a “taste” of each and not be too full but be warned, full serving for each course, you can’t possibly leave hungry!

We both chose the crab cake starter and they were absolutely delicious, 2 crab cakes each, formed into balls the size of a plum and crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside..if any filler is mixed with the crab, it’s undetectable. The portion is a sufficient meal in itself, especially paired with a salad.

Next, my friend chose the house salad and was thrilled with the freshness and gorgeous presentation, while I ordered the corn & crab bisque, which I’ve had before & couldn’t wait to try again - even better than I remembered, full of crab with just enough sweet corn and Iberian bacon to make it both sweet & smoky..what I wouldn’t give for that recipe!

For our entrees, she chose the roasted Cornish game hen with mashed potatoes & roasted carrots, I chose the halibut over bok choy with a bruschetta garnish..both cooked & seasoned perfectly, absolutely incredible.

Finally, for dessert, she had chocolate pot de creme and I had lavender honey creme brûlée..OMG.. can’t say anything else about the desserts..

did I mention the delicious warm bread with roasted garlic olive oil for dipping? Or the Chef’s complimentary amuse bouche of house made bruschetta on crostini?? I’m counting the days until my next visit.

I’ve noticed many reviewers complain about long pauses between courses..I usually enjoy that, gives you time to really be ready for your next taste. However, we needed to be out by 8 and I mentioned it to our server at the beginning, she very graciously said that wouldn’t be a problem at all and true to her word, we were paying our bill by 7:45, never having felt rushed or having the quality of our dishes compromised in any way. Don’t be afraid to ask them to expedite courses more quickly!! 5-Star experience, highly recommend

steven W, Public Relations Manager at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you so much for your great review. We will accommodate to any guest as we have said in many of our responses. Thanks for bringing that to light so other guests will not be discouraged to dine with us in the future. Our chef is wonderful and our serving staff is very well trained to accommodate all of our guests. Please come back again soon. And again, thank you for the wonderful review.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

A friend and I shared several small plates, including crab cakes, and oysters on the half shell, then ate salads, and it was a lovely meal, quiet atmosphere, beautiful building. The wait staff serving us was attentive and responsive. It was not cheap however, so be prepared to spend some money.

Thank you so much for the positive review. Our executive chef is an outstanding chef and takes great pride in each of his dishes preparation. We hope you will come back again soon.