“Favorite lunch spot”

Ranked #34 of 133 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family owned and Operated since 1980 Everything is homemade and made with love We have a Full service bar Our lounge is located in the rear of the building and open everyday @ 5pm till 2am Sundays 8pm till 2am
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Mamma Ventura’s is our must stop place for lunch every visit through Gettysburg. Great selection of food, nice atmosphere and good prices. Their pizza is a nice thinner crust with yummy sauce!

1  Thank camihalko88

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Went to this restaurant on Thursday, October 12th after going to a couple of other highly rated restaurants that were full. Had walked past this place on the way to another establishment on nearby Baltimore street and decided to give it a try....turned out to be an outstanding decision. We were immediately seated and ordered a dry martini, which was excellent....I had the chicken cacciatore which was excellent....served with some perfectly textured pasta with a delicious marinara sauce (which interestingly enough, I read about in a Trip Advisor review that I had perused before deciding to eat there in the first place). Finished off with an excellent tiramisu dessert. Service was provided by a waiter (nickname of "Skippy") who did a superb job. I really think restaurant is a hidden gem. When I come back to the area in a couple of years I WILL be back.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

After spending the day at the battlefield went into town for dinner what a pleasant surprise. Great Italian dinner the homemade pasta melted in your mouth . The meat balls were some of the best I've had. The red sauce was very authentic. Would highly recommend if you want a good meal at the end of the day. My husband had the Sicilian bake with egg plant and enjoyed it.

2  Thank Addeymae
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This is a nice, seemingly authentic, Italian restaurant with good food, lots of variety on the menu in a clean and nicely appointed building centrally located in the historic area. I had the lasagna and my date had the sausage and peppers over fettuccini. The portions are appropriate for the price and taste. They also offer beer, wine and have a full bar. Not sure if there are any other Italian restaurants in the area but they'd be hard pressed to beat Mamma V's.

2  Thank 866erics
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed everything we tried. My Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Cream Sauce was the best ever. Loved the Cannoli- the true test of real Italian food. Wonderful evening meal.

2  Thank wadleyfla