“Favorite lunch spot”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Mamma Ventura’s is our must stop place for lunch every visit through Gettysburg. Great selection of food, nice atmosphere and good prices. Their pizza is a nice thinner crust with yummy sauce!

1  Thank camihalko88

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Went to this restaurant on Thursday, October 12th after going to a couple of other highly rated restaurants that were full. Had walked past this place on the way to another establishment on nearby Baltimore street and decided to give it a try....turned out to be an outstanding decision. We were immediately seated and ordered a dry martini, which was excellent....I had the chicken cacciatore which was excellent....served with some perfectly textured pasta with a delicious marinara sauce (which interestingly enough, I read about in a Trip Advisor review that I had perused before deciding to eat there in the first place). Finished off with an excellent tiramisu dessert. Service was provided by a waiter (nickname of "Skippy") who did a superb job. I really think restaurant is a hidden gem. When I come back to the area in a couple of years I WILL be back.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

After spending the day at the battlefield went into town for dinner what a pleasant surprise. Great Italian dinner the homemade pasta melted in your mouth . The meat balls were some of the best I've had. The red sauce was very authentic. Would highly recommend if you want a good meal at the end of the day. My husband had the Sicilian bake with egg plant and enjoyed it.

1  Thank Addeymae
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This is a nice, seemingly authentic, Italian restaurant with good food, lots of variety on the menu in a clean and nicely appointed building centrally located in the historic area. I had the lasagna and my date had the sausage and peppers over fettuccini. The portions are appropriate for the price and taste. They also offer beer, wine and have a full bar. Not sure if there are any other Italian restaurants in the area but they'd be hard pressed to beat Mamma V's.

2  Thank 866erics
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed everything we tried. My Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Cream Sauce was the best ever. Loved the Cannoli- the true test of real Italian food. Wonderful evening meal.

2  Thank wadleyfla