“Fun atmosphere”
Review of The Ugly Mug Cafe

The Ugly Mug Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Venezuelan
Description: A nice place to put up your feet and have a bite to eat or drink.
Description: A nice place to put up your feet and have a bite to eat or drink.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Delicious teas and baked treats. Lots of menu options to choose from. Staff was friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

With a name like this, we had to try it! Not much to look at from the outside and off the beaten path from the downtown area, we tried the cafe just for coffee.
Service: Very good
Coffee: Very good

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

My wife loves good coffee. We stopped in on a rainy night with our four kids in tow and we were not disappointed!!! The rainy grey day melted away as we enjoyed coffee (from beans roasted in the store!!) and monkey bread (get some. Like the best donut but better), the coffee was so good that we took home a bag of beans. Love this place! The highlight of our trip. Thanks!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I am a coffee snob. Personally I think Ragged Edge dies a slightly better job. That being said the flavor of my coffee was rich and but at all burnt. Slightly more bitter than it needed to be but still enjoyable.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Let me preface this review: good food, great coffee. Now with that out of the way, here's my review. Staff is VERY hit or miss for me. More often then not the staff is very friendly and there are no problems, but if there's a problem, boy do you here about it. I was on my way to buy a coffee DURING open hours. The door didn't open and I thought it was stuck due to humidity, afterwards a man came and literally yelled at me: "We're closed!". It should be noted that there was no sign that said they were closed for a special reason. While being closed didn't bother me at all, it was the attitude and lack of professionalism from the person who yelled i think at the top of his lungs at me. There is no place for that behavior in this profession in my personal opinion and i am shocked that this employee is still working if this is how they handle this simple mistakes. Overall I want to love this place, but the manner in which they handled this very simple misunderstanding is completely unprofessional and for that reason I CANNOT RECOMMEND IT. I will NOT be returning until the employee is either fired or I receive some sort of apology from the cafe.