“Shepherds Pie”

Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Gettysburg's only Irish-owned and operated pub offers a genuine taste of Ireland through "Ceol, cainte agus craic" Music, talk & fun. Open 7 days for lunch & dinner, The Garryowen, or "The GO" as it's know to our regulars, is as inviting as any pub found back in the old country with friendly service, a large selection of Irish whiskies, the best of Ireland's draft beers, and the perfect pour of Guinness which is complimented with a carefully picked selection of international and domestic premium beers, wines and spirits. Our kitchen prepares the most authentic Irish fare in the area from the owners' family recipes, with many ingredients imported directly from Ireland. Paired with traditional pub fare, made in house daily from scratch with local ingredients where possible. Our menu is sure to satisfy the most discerning of tastes. Enjoy your meal in our cozy dining room, by the fireplace or at the bar.The first and third Sundays of each month are a special treat for lovers of Irish music, with a traditional 'Seisun' from 2 til 5pm. Reservations are highly recommended.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great authentic Irish Pub. We both had the Shepherds pie. Very good. Wine selection very nice too. Husband had the onion soup and shared onion rings. All was good. Service was excellent too

Write a ReviewReviews (1 906)

22 - 26 of 1 906 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

How quaint! I love old style pubs like this. Lots of choices and good food that is not light on the serving size. Staff was friendly and informative when I had questions.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Since we first started planning our trip to Gettysburg this was first on my list of places to try. It didn't disappoint. Shepherd's Pie was amazing. I recommend starting there. Fish and chips was also recommended. The Guinness beef stew also looked very good. Nice ambiance and superb service. Far and above the best place I've eaten in Gettysburg.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We picked this Irish Pub in Gettysburg for dinner after a day of sightseeing. We each had a nicely poured Black and Tan, food was great. Had the beef stew marinated in Guinness, loved it. On the special menu was a spicy crab bisque that was amazing. A nice pleasant server took good care of us. Nice atmosphere with photographs from the area on the wall. The one of the Irish monument on the battlefield was just beautiful, photographer caught the light perfectly. A very nice ending to a great day.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We chose to come here after reading great reviews,since it was our first time here in Gettysburg.The service was mediocre at best ,and the good was nothing to rave about .I had the reuban ,it came with coleslaw ,which had a hair in it . After a long time waiting for our server I told him and he said "oh no that's horrible " tolk it and never cane back . My friend had the lamb burger which she was told its suppose to be cooked medium rare it was well done ,we were starving and never really saw staff come to us . Dispite the good reviews skip it . I never even got a replacement Cole slaw !!!!

Been to Garryowen Irish Pub? Share your experiences!