“Best pulled pork sliders!”
Review of The Parrot

The Parrot
Reserve with OpenTable
The Parrot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Reviewed 9 October 2017

You HAVE to try the pulled pork sliders. They are delicious! Light fare and good cocktails. The owner made certain that we received our discount, since we were guests of the James Gettys Hotel - 15% off!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Wonderful little place with open air seating and a unique menu. Good spot to eat. Service was quick and staff was pleasant.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I went to the Parrot on the recommendation of a local when I asked for somewhere I could enjoy my dinner al fresco. The setting was cozy and nice. I ordered the crab bisque, which was good, followed by the special of the night, shrimp scampi. These bay shrimp were served with a wide flat noodle and did not present with a traditional butter and garlic flavor. The chef had been pretty heavy handed with the citrus and the dish was a little sour. I enjoyed a glass of sangria with my meal ( a summer favorite) and I noticed they served it to my table and the next table in very different sized glasses. Mine was much larger. Not sure what to make of that. Anyhow, the highlight of the meal was the chocolate chip banana bread pudding. Yum! Though it was not the best meal I've had in town, I would definitely try one more time if I return before writing it off.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Teeny, tiny menu. Not bad for lunch but this is their dinner menu. I can't imagine repeat customers...just tourists passing through. If hamburgers, sandwiches and one special doesn't float your boat, you'd best avoid this place. New owner has cleaned the place up but has shrunk the menu. Latest reviewers are spot on when they say "limited menu, average food."

3  Thank George T
Gus Z, Owner at The Parrot, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

You may feel that we have a "teeny tiny menu" but we actually have several high quality choices as well as tasty daily specials. Our Executive Chef's philosophy (who incidentally was working at the world renowned Little Nell in Aspen Co before joining us - I encourage you to look them up) is that it's better to do 20 things outstanding, than 100 things average. Incidentally, this is the same advice preached by top restaurateurs of the day such as Gordon Ramsey. And as far as repeat customers, we do have quite a few.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Comfortably small with nice bar area and white table cloths in the dining area. Small outside dining area that can be noisy as it is close to the busy street. Service was fast but we ate just ahead of prime evening dining time. On average, Food quality was good. Nicely presented. However, they do not know what a rare steak is. My 3 companions enjoyed their dishes but my filet, aside from being overcooked, was not tender and the mashed potatoes were dry, even with gravy. The server was polite offering to replace the meat. For the price I expected better. Considering the price for meals me decided 3/5 was appropriate.

Been to The Parrot? Share your experiences!