“Take appetite with you”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Battlefield
Ranked #15 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Had a very good experience here. The food was very good, the staff is very congenial and knowledgeable about the beers. And the beer is very cold! There are 2 restuarants and we liked the first one so well that we later went to the 2nd one too. Little pricey but would recommend.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We went in to the Appalachian Brewing Company on Steinwehr Avenue in Gettysburg. Most restaurants struggle with parking but the ABC has an ample parking lot. The building a new and well-designed with high ceilings and stained glass windows. Although I gave the restaurant four stars, it really deserved something more like 4.4 or so but TA does not let you split stars. However, it's better than a 4. We were having a light lunch on Christmas Eve and at 12:30 pm or so, the place was about 3/4 filled. A nice crowd, not too noisy. Two of our group had beers which they said were very good (I didn't). One of our group wanted a taste of beer before ordering and the waitress cheerfully brought him a small glass with about 3 ounces of the variety he wanted to taste. We had a range of menu items almost all of them some variant of a salad with grilled chicken. My pictures show what we ordered and the food tasted as good as it looks. Fresh ingredients, well-prepared, flavorful. Our order arrived without delay and the waitress was a pleasure. We are locals and I had not been in the ABC since its predecessor in town was bought by an historical group (I think the Civil War Trust) and torn down. This new incarnation is much nicer in every way. I drink some beer and my wife doesn't drink any but we will probably go back to the ABC and were favorably impressed by the operation. I am sorry not to be able to comment more fully on their beer which is one of their principle draws but other reviews will complete this review.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

when there's a big event happening in town and every place is over flowing, I know I'm gonna get a spot here , it's huge and the service is great do the wait is not usually super long, and at quiet times it's very accessible. something for everyone

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Great new location for the brewery and eatery. We walked out with 4 six packs the beer was so good! You can sit by the window and see everything on Steinwehr.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Stopped by for dinner on a Saturday night. Were seated immediately. Ordered two specialty brews and dinner. I got the Cali Quesadillas and they were excellent. We also got the pretzel appetizer which wasn't too filling as we shared it. You can order a cheezy sauce for a little extra. Worth it. Service was a little off. No drink refill offered. All in all it was a good dining experience and the food was good. The menu is a little limited but you will find something that you like.