The Avenue Hotel(West Orange)
US$91
US$262
Residence Inn
Courtyard West Orange(West Orange)
US$183
Comfort Inn(Fairfield)
US$113
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$80
All reviewsfront deskprimaverabridal suitebagelscomplimentary breakfastwedding weekendthe hotel stafffirst floorsales managerlarge bathroomroom blockwedding guestshighly recommend this hotelwonderful hotelwilshire grandthe general managercocktail hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This clearly was a good hotel back in it's day but sadly time has not been kind. The rooms are in bad need of repair. The couch had several stains on it. The bathroom door was incapable of closing (either the door had swollen or the frame had shifted). The ceiling paint was peeling. The list goes on. The WiFi was a significant problem as well. In the morning it was acceptable but as the day went on it became increasingly unreliable and at night it was generally unusable. It's clearly not designed to handle the volume of guests staying at the hotel.

As I said, the hotel was clearly nice back in the day and if it was priced comparably to a Comfort Inn then it would be fine but they seem to be lost in the good old days.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank RickJardin
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear RickJardin,
Thanks for your review. Respectfully, I question if you're actually posting about our hotel. Most of your comments simply don't sound like you stayed here? We completed an entire renovation in the summer of 2017 and we actually have a great housekeeping team. We're only about 14 years old! We also offer 200 Mbps of internet. Did you speak with anyone at check out? Please call me to discuss the matter.
Thank you!
Ed Reagoso
Direct Line PH 862-252-8440

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We just had my daughters bat mitvah event here and at the Loft 360. The staff and management for the hotel and hall could not have been nicer, more professional, etc. So accommodating. I would highly recommend working with them or just staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank Alyson S
service1, General Manager at The Wilshire Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear Bat Mitvah Event,

We are so pleased to have seen your review on Tripadvisor Today!! My team and I truly appreciate your wonderful review and we are truly grateful to have been part of this wonderful event!

Thank you!

Ed Reagoso, Gen Mgr

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my fiance stayed here at least 10 times in the past year, and we are above happy with the Wilshire Hotel. We especially enjoyed this last stay here. We enjoyed staying in the suite that we stayed in. We personally want to thank Mario,and the whole staff at the Wilshire. We will continue to come here whenever we are in town. I highly recommend the Wilshire to anyone thinking about staying here. Everything is great here, and they have an awesome complimentary breakfast. Thank you everyone at the Wilshire for making me and my fiancee stay always amazing. No doubt about returning. Our favorite place to stay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wtlg56

Dear Romantic getaway,
Thank you kindly for the warm and gracious comments. We really appreciate you placing this review on TripAdvisor as it is our own gauge of how we're doing in the marketplace.

Thank you!!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Danielle in the lobby helped me and my fiance get an awesome deal on a great room for our stay. Very clean, nice hotel. Great area close to many restaurants and not a very long drive to New York City.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank metalfabnmf81whw

Dear metalfabnmf81whw,
Thank you so very much for taking the time and posting this terrific review on Tripadvisor. I'll see that Danielle is thanked as well. Your wonderful review is very much appreciated!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We just had a very nice stay here. The room was very comfortable, the staff was great. And the breakfast and 24 hour hit and cold drinks were nice. Only downside was coming back to our room at 3 pm and not having it made up yet. Even after asking at the front desk, it was about 4:30 before our room was finally made up.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeremy C

Dear Jeremy C,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. My team and I truly do appreciate it! I do apologize that your room was not done early enough for you. We will do better next time, I promise you!