“Photo identification required for admission”
Review of Woody's

Woody's
Ranked #845 of 4 692 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I sought to enter on a Monday night. I showed a photocopy of my passport. The security officer told me that he cannot accept that. I must provide the original passport. The passport and all other photo IDs were at home. I did not have any in Philadelphia. I left without entering the place.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

New to Philadelphia and just staying only for two days, I didn't really know to go for food with a great vibe. I met a local around the corner from my hostel in the Old City neighborhood who happens to know of a few good places. So she showed me around some historical sites and we were hungry and so she suggested Woody's because she knows someone who works there.

The bar itself is a small friendly establishment and I like the music they were playing. I must say if I had the opportunity to come back to Philly for Pride Week, I am positive this place would be off the hook busy and that I would have my friend call ahead

We arrived just before happy hour ended and so we had time to order from the happy hour menu. So we ordered the chicken tenders mozzarella sticks, and one other item. It was hot and muggy that day and I thought a mojito might do the trick.

I'm not much of a drinker and I am one of those who prefer not to taste the liquor in it and the mojito was refreshing with the right balance of mint to lime. I have had mojitos where too much lime killed the taste.

The food was excellent. Now normally I wouldn't think happy hour food would be stellar because sometimes it is made in bulk ahead of time, but not Woody's. The chicken tenders were crisp and juicy and not greasy and thoroughly cooked. The mozzarella sticks were not greasy either and the marinara sauce was delicious.

If you do to Woody's and you want a great mojito, ask for Casey. Casey is a great mixologist.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Had a good time herr. Went on a weekday when it was karaoke night and had a great time.

One thing you should be aware of though is tryong to get in if youre a foreigner. They gave me a hard time about not having my passport with me to prove my age and they were wary about accepting my UK driving licence which i showed them.

Luckily it didn't spoil the night but it meant I was subjected to like a ten minute lecture by the staff about how my ID wasn't good enough in Pennsylvania before they finally agreed to let me in.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

It is basically a gay bar.The crowd swells as the night does.They have a good dance floor which attracts a lot of the young crowd.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

The crowd in Woody's was friendly and fun. It was a relaxing place and the bartender was great. I wish I could have stayed longer.