“great prices - not the best Primos but good”
Review of Primo Hoagies

Primo Hoagies
Ranked #931 of 5 036 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Soups
Neighbourhood: City Centre West
Description: The success of Primo is attributed to an excellent, long-tenured staff that regularly serves up a combination of quality, consistency, and originality. Our large and diverse menu features dozens of Specialty Hoagies, most of which are our very own original creations. Primo Hoagies are always made fresh to order, using only the finest gourmet quality meats and cheese. Primo Hoagie Trays and Italian Sampler Platters have become hugely popular at many social gatherings and functions. They are a perfect choice for client presentations, parties, and just about any other get-together you can think of. Our trays and platters are also warmly appreciated when offered as a "thank you" or sympathy gesture. Through this expansion, Primo has managed to uphold the quality and consistency of product and service that has made us a favorite in every region that we are located. Our first and foremost priority is to never compromise our outstanding product and unique concept.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I'm a big Primos fan, so I've been to a lot of them! This location is pretty solid and also has excellent prices. I've had some ok experiences and good experiences here - sometimes the bada boom is crazy overdone. Not my absolute favorite but good for lunch.

Primo H, Owner at Primo Hoagies, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

We're thrilled you can always count on us for a satisfying lunch, Angela. Always feel free to give us specific instructions about how you want your hoagies to turn out. We're happy to customize them! Until next time.

Primo Hoagies Philadelphia Team

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We were racing between the Museum of the American Revolution (wonderful!) to our timed ticket for a tour of Independence Hall. Perhaps because it was Sunday, many of the restaurants we passed en route were closed. Given our time crunch, when we came upon Pirmo's we decided to go for it and were so glad we did. Our Italian Cutlets Hoagie was exceptional. My husband, a bit of a foodie, was impressed with the freshness and quality. It was a really delicious treat. We were served quickly, gobbled it up right there, (they have a simple set up of chairs and tables) and made our timed-ticket tour with ease.

Primo H, Owner at Primo Hoagies, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Excellent choices here, Lisa! We're happy to hear that we could provide a quick and tasty meal in a crucial time crunch. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Philadelphia! Would love to serve you again anytime.

Primo Hoagies Philadelphia Team

Reviewed 27 May 2018

I like comparing different sandwich shops, which is why I went here. The cashier was a friendly guy. I had the tuna delight while my husband had the white tuna. I was rather confused by the flavors of the hoagie I had. It had red peppers, tuna and mayo and nothing else. I couldn't figure out how all the toppings went together because it just seemed very strange to me. Looking at all the hoagies on the list, it seemed that all of them have red peppers. If you're from Philadelphia, you might be used to red peppers on a hoagie, but I just did not understand that combination Unfortunately, they have no places to sit in the restaurant. Prices are fairly comparable to other sub shops.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I kind of love Primo's. It's a bare bones, whaddya want? kind of place. And seriously, they're just making you a sandwich so customer service counter charm is not on high their list. Making a great hoagie is. Which is why you're in luck. :)

This is the perfect spot for a lunch takeaway, perhaps for a little picnic in Rittenhouse Square or a walk over to the Schuykill River Trail. The sandwiches are big. A large hoagie will comfortably feed two people. Ingredients are very good and don't be afraid to ask for exactly what you want. No cheese? No problem. Ask for extra napkins - these guys can get messy.

My personal favorites are the Roast Beef Schwartzie (cole slaw & Russian dressing) and the Turkey Diablos (slightly spicy) and of course a bag of Herr's potato chips to complete the Philadelphia hoagie experience.

No table service at this location.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

I am sure the hoagie I just ate would have been great freshly made, and pretty good if they had packed for travel the right way. What is the right way ? to wrap the lettuce, onions, peppers and oil separately from the meats, cheeses and of course roll. Unfortunately my hoagie arrived soggy and although I ate it, I have had hoagies packed for travel much better, so owners please take note. If you want to see an example the owners can contact me and I can refer a hoagie shop in Chester that gets it right