All reviews center city across the street front desk great location coffee maker central location walnut street small room walking distance restaurants and bars hotel room room was clean and comfortable one night stay definitely stay here again few blocks downtown philly parking
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Staff was more then welcoming. The desk attendant Jason was so nice he went above and beyond. The Kids were welcomed with stickers:) the rooms were clean and the location couldn't be better. Tons of restaurant options in walking distance.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Rodeway2015, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hello,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our staff and their ability to make your visit to Philly more than you could dream of. I will certainly let Jason know he helped make your stay that much better.

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey and for rating our hotel so highly!

I'm glad that our services, hospitality, and accommodations exceeded your expectations and hope that you experience the same comfortable stay during your next visit. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Booked 3 nights. No mention in confirmation of a SEPARATE bathroom (down the hall !!!!)(See photo). Arrived, told I had paid for the room 2 days before on Credit card I booked with (??) There was NO mention of SEPARATE bathroom made at check in. Got to room to discover SEPARATE bathroom down the hall. Went to front desk asked to upgrade and willing to pay extra told by CALVERT 'No, they were fully booked'. Went onto website, could book another twin in same hotel for $XX a night more. SO CALVERT LIED TO US. I said I can book this alternate room there and then, CALVERT tells me to go ahead but I will not be refunded the money for the bathroomless room. NO TEMP CONTROL in room, last day there NO TEA COFFEE replenished. I am 60 yrs old, travelled the world with the military and this was the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. AVOID AVOID AVOID !!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a bathroom, they won't let you change your booking!!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kenneth111
Rodeway2015, Manager at Rodeway Inn Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

We have three types of rooms clearly marked on all platforms. You clearly picked the room in your price range and we gave you what you reserved. The 5 rooms with the bathroom "directly" across the hall not down the hall help make a budget hotel even more affordable to someone who doesn't mind the slight inconvenience to save a few bucks.

My suggestion is to pay attention when reserving your room in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The hotel was satisfactory, but very good considering the price and location. The hotel staff were very courteous, professional, friendly and helpful, both at check-in and check-out. The hotel is not perfect, but one needs to keep in mind the low cost. Several improvements could be made, but such improvements would ultimately raise the cost per night of the hotel rooms. Things that should be improved, if possible: put in temperature controls for the rooms. Put in a chest of drawers for clothing. My room had no drawers, only a closet. The TV/microwave/fridge/safe were nice to have. The room was a good size. The bed was comfortable. On one or two nights, there was noise coming through the walls, or from outside. Not sure what can be done about that. Philly would need a 12:00 am curfew, or the nearby restaurants should close by 11:00 pm to avoid the nightlife party crowd from loitering in the area. Installation of better sound barriers or insulation between hotel rooms might help. The hallways were narrow, and the elevator was small, but it is an old building. Installing a passcode to restrict movement of people (not-guests) into the hotel during the evenings would help, although there is usually a hotel staff member at the front desk. The hotel is good, but it is probably not suitable for travellers who have special needs or who may be higher maintenance. It don't think the hotel is suitable for elderly people or for families with children, but for travellers who are looking for a relatively economical place close to the downtown of Philly, it is quite satisfactory. It is an old building, so you need to keep your expectations low.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is far away from the elevator, and that has a built-in bathroom. Ask for a room that doesn't face Walnut street.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

What Rodeway Inn has going for it is it’s incredibly central location, walking distance to pretty much all the sights and right in the midst of all the restaurants. The rooms themselves are somewhat dated but clean. Walls are very thin so if you’re unlucky enough to have noisy neighbours like me, nothing a quick call to the front desk won’t solve. Special shout out to Calvin the assistant manager for his great service, positive energy and hard working attitude!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Hello,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that Calvin was able to assist you.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Could not have wished for a better location ! In the middle of everything,surrounded with restaurants and bars and very near to the station to get the airport train.
It's an older hotel but the room itself was clean, decent size with new bathroom. Room was dark as the small window looked out into a shaft, would have been nicer to have a view and a bit more light,but we didn't spend that much time in the room.
What i liked most about this hotel was the helpfulness and friendliness of all the staff at the front desk.
Would stay again if ever in Philly !

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer a great location and I am happy to know that it is appriciated.