All reviews front desk accept pets toaster oven we stayed in a two bedroom hot tub beds were very comfortable free dinner the hotel is pet friendly dvd player studio suite small dog garlic bread has great food complimentary breakfast hotel room pet walking area indoor pool
Reviewed 18 April 2018

We love this hotel! This is the third time that we have stayed here and we plan to continue each time that we visit family. The rooms are spacious, clean, well appointed for cooking or relaxing. The hotel is pet-friendly and it provides a dog walking area. Hotel breakfasts have something for everyone's tastes. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Everyone here was extremely friendly and helpful, as if they actually enjoy their jobs, instead of just doing their jobs.
The hotel is conveniently located to the Historic Triangle attractionsand there are several good restaurants within easy walking distance.
I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here Labor Day weekend. Guests of the hotel decided to start partying in the outside grill area from 3am to 5am two nights in a row. The hotel claims there is nothing they could about it. They also told customer service of all IHG hotels that they called police , but I never got a response to my request for a copy of the police report. Im fact, I recieved no response from anyone about my complaint at all.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi pursaville4,

Thank your review and for staying with us. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Story of 2 reviews as the property itself is fantastic. Clean rooms, great location and has the nice Tue-Thurs grill items.
3 main takeaways for me are:
1. The internet is literally the slowest that I have experienced that I have seen from many of the other Hampton Roads hotels that I have stayed at and I have stayed at a lot of them.
2. Evening reception does not include any beer or wine. This is the only Staybridge that I have stayed in across the country that did not include this.
3. No hotel shuttle to PHF airport. I stayed at the Hampton Inn literally 1 block away last light and they picked me up at the airport. This isn't an issue for locals or those that have a rental car but why isn't there a shuttle here?

I love the Staybridge brand and always stay at them when possible but this property wont be on my list when Im back here in the Hampton Roads area. Too many other properties with better amentities near by.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Hi Chris C,

Greetings from the StayBridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown!

We'd like to make sure that guests can feel at home while on the road. That in mind, I'm pleased to know that you found our location, clean rooms, and evening socials to your liking! Your kind remarks and approval of these truly encourage us to continue providing True Hospitality with a heart.

On the downside, I'm sorry to hear that our internet access and limited beverage choices let you down. I'm also saddened about the inconvenience caused by not having shuttle services to and from the airport. Your feedback is important and be assured that this is shared with the management to help identify areas that need additional improvement.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review and for choosing us for your lodging needs. Despite our shortfalls, I hope you find your way back to us when your travels bring you again to the area.

Warmest Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced clean room. They accept pets which is a bonus, but the pet fee is a little high. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with one king bed and 2 queen beds, plenty of room for a large family.

Date of stay: August 2017