“Must do hike!”

Chiricahua National Monument
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Willcox
More attraction details
Owner description: The unusual rock formations at this popular hiking site were caused by a massive volcanic eruption 27 million years ago.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I did the 4.2 mile hike with my 14 and 10 year old sons. By arriving before 9am the Park Rangers drove us to the top which allowed us to do an amazing hike back to the Visitor Center. We really enjoyed our time there. Check out my pictures. The park offers the “I Hike for Health” pin for completing 5 miles of hiking. I plan to return one day with my wife, because I want her to do this very same hike.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"great park"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We drove the whole length of the park drive, stopping at various viewpoints.

Worth stopping for - Organ Pipe Formation, Sea Captain and China Boy.
Small circular walk at furthest point allows you to see different panoramas.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

One of my favorite Arizona parks. The landscape is surreal. There are plenty of great hikes. The view from the top is amazing, but this is best approached with a high clearance vehicle. Pets are only allowed on a few trails.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife and I travel Az extensively. From the condition of roads, Park Rangers, cleanliness of the restrooms to the extensive hoodoos and balancing rocks, this place is defiantly in the top 3. Trails are well marked and gives you something to see in every turn. You could spend a week here easily...if your in shape for it! Beautiful area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We visited on Memorial Day weekend. Despite the campgrounds being full, the park seemed almost empty. We stopped at the visitor center when we first arrived. It had a small gift shop and a small museum. We drove the eight Mile paved road up to echo canyon trail parking and walked the echo canyon trail that meets up with Hailstone trail and then Ed Riggs trail for a total of 3.4 miles. It was a moderate hike but with some very interesting rock formations which reminds me of when your at the beach and drip wet sand into spires. We plan on returning and hiking some more of these beautiful trails in the near future.