US$226
US$203
  • Beachfront
US$184
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$137
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$97
US$251
US$231
Priceline
All reviewsthe concierge loungenice hotelparking lotsanta barbaranice pool areashort walk to the beachparking feestate beachin n out burgercomfortable roomstwo blocksroom was largefire pitone night staybit datedmini fridgechannel islands
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I recently had a three week stay at the VBM and I invited my family, two dogs included, to spend a Friday-Sunday weekend with me. the $75.00 fee for the extra cleaning was well worth it. The staff- they're the best under any circumstance but with our dogs it was amazing; the staff approached them with friendly greeting and even a treat or two. There's even a Doggie-Meal menu at the restaurant. I visit this property often while I'm on business and it was a real pleasure to have my family with me for a few days without having to deal with a pet-sitter at home. Although the property is going through a massive renovation we were not inconvenienced a bit.
I sincerely doubt that Platinum status with Marriott had anything to do with the way were were cared for- the VBM seems to do their best with every guest. Thank you for yet another great stay.

Room Tip: If you have a choice during renovation ask for a new room; mostly they're all good otherwise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I looked up Ventura Beach Marriott and liked what I saw on website, and since I am also Marriott gold member so I booked the room for 2 nights. I was impressed with the lobby, wide open with lots of light. I asked the receptionist that if my room would be upgraded. She said No, since they are under renovation but I was assigned with a freshly renovated room.
You have to walk across the lobby in to court yard and entered into another door. The elevator was tucked in the corner with very poor lighting. It is not what I expected from Marriott. As we entered the room, it was freshly renovated but I would not call it over the top. It was cleaned. There wasn't any bath tub in the bathroom. When I opened the curtain I was looking into parking lot. I decided to complained and was told they only have 60 rooms available out of 210 rooms. The remaining were being renovated. Now allow me to points out several benefits for being a gold member. If upgrade room is available I would be upgraded, but I don't think at other hotel chains would assigned gold member with a room over look the parking lot instead of the court yard. Next, under my preference profile, I stated I prefer higher floor. I was assigned 2nd. floor. As a gold member, you have the previledge to use executive lounge for snacks and breakfast. As soon as I heard only 60 rooms are available, I told my wife not to expect anything in this lounge. If I have known that they are under construction and only have 60 rooms, I would never booked into this hotel. Needless to say, the executive lounge was worst than I thought. Please keep in mind, I booked into Marriott hotel not Courtyard or other tier of hotel.
All Marriott hotels that I had stayed were not like this. In conclusion, if you want and expect Marriott tier of service and recognition, don't stay here.
It does not worth the money and aggravation. There are other hotels locate on the beach with cheaper rate or much better service. I definitely don't recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 9 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay fell short of your expectations. We do value our Marriott Rewards members and we try to accommodate upgrades and requests when available. I am sorry that you did not feel appreciated as one of our Marriott Rewards members. I have forwarded your concerns to the Front Desk team and they have assured me that they have assured me that they have rectified their process in order for this to be a one-time occurrence. I hope that you would consider staying with us again whenever your travels brings you to Ventura.

Kindly,
Ryan Bugayong
Ventura Beach Marriott
Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Another stellar experience. Couldn't tell they were at 100% occupancy during a stressful time for Ventura. They welcomed out of town guests, first responders, and displaced homeowners in stride. Thanks!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Had the opportunity to stay in one the remodeled rooms and I was very pleased with my stay. They completely redesigned the rooms which was in desire needs. We stayed over the weekend and didn’t see or hear any construction; however, I think that would be different during the week. When the remodel is complete this place will be by far the best hotel in the area.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

First, let’s state the obvious. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation and is under construction. Despite that, I still felt like the hotel hit on all the areas I needed it to this the five star rating. I have stayed here several times over the last 15 years or so. I used to stay here for work. It is also a perfect location for people running Mountains to the Beach.

Check-in was swift and employees were friendly. We were lucky enough to get a renovated room. I’ve uploaded pictures. The water pressure and temperature were perfect. The bed was excellent. We slept like babies on race night. Also, the room came with a mini fridge.

Concierge lounge was well stocked. They were out of water when I took the picture but they quickly restocked. The breakfast is a full breakfast with made to order omelettes, waffles, bacon, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit, bagels, and cereal. They could have a larger variety of evening desserts IMHO. But overall an excellent value. They will also give you a bag or a to go box so you can bring food or drinks back to your room.

The location is fantastic. You can see the beach. You can also ride bikes and go kayaking in front.

There was also plenty of parking at the hotel and they accommodated our request for a late checkout.

All in all, we had yet another wonderful stay. Thanks Ventura Beach Marriott. We’ll see you again next year!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple