Reviews (7 885)
1 161
3 214
2 580
1 161
All reviews view of central park great location harry's bar new york evening reception resort fee junior suite bit dated rooms are large columbus circle fifth avenue high floor subway station times square nyc helmsley concierge
497 - 502 of 7 885 reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My family stayed four days in June. The hotel, the view from the room overlooking Central Park was amazing but nothing comes close to service from Edita and how special she made us feel. Edita works at the front desk, first impression, first smile, greetings, Edita was the hotel. Thank you for amazing stay and you should be proud with service and your staff!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Alex K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for the lovely review, hedonist777!

It's excellent your time with us was so fantastic! We're thrilled our team took such wonderful care of you. Edita is a treasured member of our team so it's not surprising you felt so welcome and comfortable. That's what we like to see!

We can't wait until your next visit so we can share another amazing experience with you! Have a splendid day!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 days in June 2018 in room 3712. I picked this hotel because of the reviews on trip advisor . The lobby was beautiful and clean . We checked our bags and went out to explore the city . The hotel called and said our room was ready . We had room 3712 on the 37 floor. This is when the clean well kept hotel ended

BAD:
HALLWAY: as you can see from the pictures the carpet is EXTREMELY dirty !! This was the case for most of the hallways that we saw.

The hotel room is old and very dated. The carpet in front of the dresser is pulled up and looks as if it was wet and should have been replaced a long time ago.
Bathroom : see the vent in the picture it has not been cleaned in years and is NASTY , the dust and filth is pulling up!!! The toilet is crooked, how is this acceptable the cleaning crew sees this everyday. There is a large chip on the bathtub that has not been fixed it’s about the size of a silver dollar. The back of the door is rusting and who ever painted did a horrible job . Wall paper is peeling off the walls as well
The light has a large crack in it .

ROOM: carpet is warn and looks dirty and tired . The corners of the wall paper is peeling from years of wear.

The A/C unit was so loud I had to stick paper to stop the rattling .

The WI-FI did not work in our room

Over all the room was old tired and need some serious attention .

Good
The maids did a nice job cleaning what they could each day . The staff at check in was very nice and helpful. Each day they had happy hour each day including drinks, snacks and dessert from 5-7 (but they do charge a substantial “facility fee” each day for this service) Location was great as well, though I think any where in the city would work .

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alex K, Guest Relations Manager at Park Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest, we appreciate the feedback.

We're disappointed that your stay with us was less than ideal. It's unfortunate you've noticed a decline in the quality of our accommodations and that your room wasn't up to par. We care about the comfort of our guests so we'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We hope for the opportunity to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This one of the best located hotels in NYC, especially for shopping, dining, museums and the arts. It is not luxurious but always spotlessly clean, throughout the general lobby area and the rooms. We have been coming here for over 40 years and it was an Oldy Goldy back then. Views from the Central Park side are well worth the extra money. Only one disappointment over the years....a reservation that was not honored. We did stay that week but not in the room we had reserved months earlier. The staff that cleans the rooms is especially helpful and efficient.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing the fantastic review with us, Dr. Buckey!

We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. It's wonderful to know that you appreciated our convenient location as well as our clean rooms. We strive to create a memorable experience for each of our guests and we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you're in town. Thanks again for providing us with your feedback. Have a great day!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times and I absolutely love it! It is by far one of my favorites in NYC. I almost didn't want to write a review because I feel like it's a hidden gem and I don't want to share. You cant beat the location, You are sandwiched in-between the Ritz Carlton and the Plaza hotel. With that being said you have easy access the plaza food court which has everything you need as far as food. The hotel itself id older, it's not one the newer swanky hotels in the area but it still has that old NY charm with big chandelier that line the hallways and extra large rooms that overlook Central Park. The price is fantastic for what you get and the location. You are within walking distance from every major attraction in midtown. I always feel safe in the hotel and the area surrounding it even when traveling with just my girlfriends, They also have a fantastic happy hour with free wine, beer,sodas, bottle water, cold and hot snacks with an assortment of desserts. Everything I have ever eaten there has been really quite good. We usually get a premium room overlooking the park and they are huge, especially by NY standards, They run around 500 square feet. I honestly love this hotel and recommend it more than any other hotel I've ever stayed. Its consistently good! I look forward to coming back every time I'm in NYC. Until next time Park Lane!!!

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank kristinw130

Thanks for the great review, Kristin!

It's wonderful you enjoyed your stay with us so much! We strive for excellence so we're thrilled you appreciated not only our convenient location and Hospitality Reception, but also our spacious rooms! Your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We can't wait to host you again soon for another amazing experience! Have a stellar day!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Welcome great. Check-in s breeze.
I had a large room with a partial view of the park. The decor is dated but the room very comfortable.
I had a problem with the AC that was immediately resolved.
The facility fee for this hotel includes a lovely cocktail reception from 5-7 in the lovely restaurant with sweeping park view
Good food, wine, and beer and service.
I had the breakfast package which was great.
Wonderful much appreciated warm, friendly, and professional service especially from Jack Fonceca and Sam.
The huge disappointment to me was the woefully inadequate, unhelpful, unfriendly, and seemingly uninformed concierge service .
If you need info regarding excursions,carriage rides in Central Park consult Trip Advisor you will receive no help from this concierge
I strongly urge the management of this very special hotel to look into this matter or discontinue this non service
Over all I loved my stay

Room tip: Ask for a view of the park on an upper floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the lovely review, Mabcola!

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We're happy that you loved our prime location. We strive to provide our guests with warm hospitality, efficient service, and clean rooms. Regarding your concerns with our concierge service, we will bring those to the attention of our team as we continue to improve for the future.

We'd love to share a more positive experience with you next time. Have a beautiful day!