Reviews (6 820)
3 303
2 585
3 303
2 585
All reviews times square great location new york street level central park ball drop good size duane reade modern hotel hudson river coffee machine high floor would highly recommend this hotel two double beds few blocks around the corner rockefeller center
75 - 80 of 6 820 reviews
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Disappointed on this occasion with this hotel. We had booked a superior room and on arrival after a long flight were given a room near the lift and beside the ice machine. We were heading out but had hoped to get a short rest before doing so. This also happened to be a disabled room so had no hanging closets suitable for our cruise clothes. The receptionist who had checked us in pleasantly was not able to change our room immediately and was quite defensive when I spoke to her. The manager who was lovely could also not accomadate a quick change of room but did give us breakfast vouchers which were appreciated. Our stay was pleasant enough but for the cost of the accommodation on this occasion we were disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NovotelNYC, Executive Assistant at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Chorus

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel New York Times Square. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations this time; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Novotel New York Times Square Management Team

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

My mother and I stayed at Novotel from October 9th, 2018 to October 13, 2018. Originally, we were going to have a late check in of 10pm due to our flight, which I notated on our reservation. Unfortunately we were already experiencing the outer bands of Hurricane Michael in FL which resulted in heavy traffic and accidents all over which caused us to miss our flight. We were able to be put on the next one out but in all of the hustling of switching everything around, I totally forgot to update the hotel. We finally checked in st 1:30am and the gentleman at the front desk could not have been more pleasant. He saw that we were exhausted and asked about the reason for our trip. We told him it was our first time in NYC and it was for a mother daughter trip. He had put us in a room on the 12th floor but said hold on and moved us up to the 20th floor to give us a better view of the city which was really nice.

The room was spacious which I had read is not common in NYC. It was very clean and up to date with the TV, mini fridge, lighting, etc. The bathroom had a roomy shower with rainshower head and large mirror and counter space. The beds were very comfortable as were the pillows and bedding. We go down to Universal Orlando very often (at least 8 times a year if not more) and stay at Hard Rock or Royal Pacific and found the beds at Novotel to be as comfortable as the ones at the Loews hotels at Universal (those who have stayed at these hotels will know exactly what I mean). While the beds were only full size, given that it was just my mother and I, it worked perfectly. We really liked the lighting that went the full length of the head board as it full illuminated the entire room as often hotel rooms are lacking in that department. Also, the air conditioner works VERY well which was another thing I had read could be a concern about NYC hotels. This hotel offers you the piece of mind knowing that when you arrive, you will not have to worry about not having the same comforts that you do at home.

I did secure the room through the Accor website, after becoming a rewards member (for free) which ended up being a total of $200 more than the stay would have been through a 3rd party site however, I spent weeks researching NYC hotels and reading tons of reviews on tripadvisor, Google, and other sites and the common issue I came across was hotels not receiving the reservation from a 3rd party website or the room being advertised on the 3rd party website was not what people actually paid for. I opted to pay $200 more in total through the hotel website to make sure I got the exact room I wanted and to ensure no issues upon checking in and no extra charges upon checking out, which was exactly how my visit went. No surprises, no hidden fees. I also was able to request a late check out and got it without having to pay anything for it.

Lastly, the little things the hotel did were nice as well. One day of our visit, it was raining all day. Instead of having to purchase umbrellas, the front desk gave us brand new ones to use all day and they weren't cheap, small ones. And it was for free. Our last day, we did not need to be at the airport until 5pm so spent some time at the street fair before getting our luggage which was being held for us in a secure area in the street lobby. We were unsuccessful in getting an uber or lyft to pick us up before an hour wait and couldn't get a taxi so the street lobby guy did offer the private car service to take us. I had read a few questionable reviews about this service but the cost was going to be $65 to JFK and uber and lyft were showing $64-68. The gentleman took us to the airport and got us there quickly and it was a flat $65. So for us, this private car service was a great thing for us.

All in all, Novotel was an excellent experience for us esp for our first time in NYC. It was close to Times Square (just a few blocks and on the same main street), the house keeping staff (forgot to mention) were so nice and helpful (they told us about the umbrellas), and we will absolutely stay here again when we come back to NYC.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Shantel B

Dear Shantel

Thank you so very much for your wonderful and detailed review regarding your stay at the Novotel New York Times Square.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our amenities as well as the city that never sleeps. I will certainly share your ratings with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope to see you and your mother again!

Have a lovely weekend!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

The Novotel hotel in New York times square was a good location to stay at! The location is literally on TS and if you want to feel the vibe and energy of NYC then there’s no place better than this! Anywhere you want to go… broadway.. shopping.. 5th avenue… every possible eatery..is literally a short walk away.
It's crowded in the summer and you literally have to queue up for seating at breakfast, besides they wont give you a table if all the people in your party arent there.. if you ignore these niggles you can enjoy the environs.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Nabata

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel New York Times Square.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I will share your ratings with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

OK, so all New York hotels are expensive. This one provided a pleasant but not outstanding room. Check-in is several floors up when you enter the building, but there's no sign informing you about it so I thought we'd come in a back door. Service was clipped, not friendly. Our hallway was dismal with messed up carpeting. The bed was perfectly comfortable.
The elevators broke at one point, fortunately when I was headed down and could walk. It was a long way.
We were thirsty from our travels, and the bar was open in the afternoon. $4.50 for a club soda with lime? Really? So many places don't even charge for that. And the breakfast buffet (the only way you can get breakfast there) is $30 per. They do offer free coffee and tea, but just during breakfast service. Down the street there's a Prete A Manger were I ate for $6.
Location is the only thing this hotel has going for it. I certainly wouldn't stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank beadil
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I flew with my daughter for a "girls trip" last week and met one of my friends who flew in from another state. My friend recommended this hotel so my daughter and I stayed in a room with two double beds.

The room was clean and neat and fairly large for NYC. Bathroom has a rain shower and hand held wand and ours had a tub, my friend across the hall only had a shower stall. The bathtub was welcome after walking all day as I could sit and soak.

The ice machine on our floor wasn't working and the staff got it fixed the same day. We didn't go to any Broadway shows but could see the lights from our room which was nice, and we could see all the way to Times Square.

Their restaurant doesn't have a very big selection of foods, but the ability to sit outside on the restaurant deck and look down to Times Square was wonderful. Drinks were pricey, but not much more than every other bar in NYC.

The only thing we wished they had was rental movies on the tv. After walking all day we wanted to rent a movie, similar to what some other hotels have for more recent releases. It's the only thing we missed.

This hotel chain is apparently foreign, and we heard the check-in staff speaking in multiple languages with many guests. Frequently we were the only Americans on the elevator, so we were able to enjoy conversations with long distance travelers.

Room tip: We were on the Broadway side, 9th floor. Even though we were on a lower floor we could still see Times Square and Broadway.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
NovotelNYC, Executive Assistant at Novotel New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear

We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy your trip with your daughter!

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and we hope to see you again.