Reviews (12 118)
1 425
5 540
4 274
1 425
All reviewsrevolving restauranttimes squareview restaurantthe concierge loungefloor numbernew yorkhuge hotelperfect locationbusy hotelfitness centerbroadway showcan't beat the locationthe theater districtrooms are largesofa bedhigh floorhudson river
214 - 219 of 12 118 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Let me start off by saying that this is the first review I have ever written that was negative. I am not one to overreact or get easily upset, but I felt this needed to be said.

I was joining a friend for a girls trip to NYC and we were coming from different states. We were on different flights and I was arriving much earlier than her and since my friend gets special deals on hotels, the reservation was under her name (I was listed as arriving before her). I was informed that if I wanted to check in before her, they were going to require me to put triple the amount of the reservation on my credit card. This was not possible for me since I only brought a set amount for this trip and rarely carry credit cards.

My friend tried to call in and just check in, but this was not allowed. Here I was stuck in Times Square with luggage and no idea when my friend was going to arrive so we could get in to our room.

My friend did not make it that evening, so I could have been stuck in their lobby the whole night waiting. Not the greatest way to start a vacation. Luckily the Hilton around the corner had no problem getting me in and so we ended up staying there for the weekend!

I do not have unrealistic expectations or make demands, , but how companies deal with unexpected issues is what sets them apart from their competition. I appreciate companies that do their best to work with you and that is where I spend my money.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear D JSteinlicht,

We appreciate your feedback, and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will be sure to share your survey with our team as we are committed to providing the best experience for our guests. We hope to have another chance to serve you the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This hotel is right in the middle of it all. Great, convenient location with entrances on 45th Street and 46th Street. Clovis checked us in and was super friendly. She had a great personality, smiling, friendly, and was able to meet our room requests. Room was clean, and had a view overlooking Times Square. Kids loved the people watching from the room. Room was large in size compared to other NYC hotel rooms. I was a bit concerned about all the elevator feedback from other reviewers, but found the elevators to be very easy to use and convenient. We waited 1 minute or less for every elevator and we came and went at all hours of the day and night. Hotel is busy as it has a lot of conferences and events, but they never impacted our stay. It was a great stay, and I have already recommended the hotel to a friend who has booked for November.

Room Tip: Times Square view was great!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Tricia W,

Thank you for sharing about your fabulous stay at the New York Marriott Marquis. We appreciate the kind remarks and are glad you enjoyed our hotel. We understand the importance of details that make up a great stay and are happy knowing our accommodations, excellent staff, and great location made your stay perfect. Your recommendation is truly appreciated, and we look forward to seeing you again whenever you are back here!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

You can't do better than the Marriott Marquis. Of course it helps to be a Platinum member to enjoy the added benefits. If you want to be in the 'middle of it all', go for the Marquis. During each Marriott stay, I always find one employee who stands out among many who also do a good job. That one person this trip is Invernie, who works at the Concierge Lounge. Over two days, I got to know him and his family and he is truly a benefit to Marriott. I'll be returning in October and look forward to see Invernie again.

Room Tip: Room 5039; great location and convenient to the Lounge
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John P
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear John P,

Thank you for the positive review of the New York Marriott Marquis. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and friendly hospitality, so we're glad to know we were successful in our efforts. Invernie will be so delighted to hear your compliments. Thanks again for being our guest, and we are eagerly waiting to welcome you again later in this year!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had a very brief, but great stay at this hotel recently. The staff was excellent from check in to check out. Our room was quite clean and spacious by NYC standards.

I thought the Fresh Bites concept was clever, and enjoyed our little breakfast we had.

It was disappointing that the lounge was closed on the weekend, but it didn't interfere with a great stay.

Well done to the management and staff!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at New York Marriott Marquis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear travelingin2009,

Thank you for being our guest at the New York Marriott Marquis. We are pleased that we could provide you with a gratifying stay and you loved our devoted staff, along with your well-appointed accommodation. On behalf of all of us, we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

There is a one drink minimum per person. Beer $8.50 - $12.00 and wine $14 and up. Not sure how much the kids sodas were?? Not sure on food prices, it was midnight only had drinks. Restaurant rotated around but views were not all that great at night, kids thought it was great though. Windows were dirty and just hard to see past other tall buildings. Waitress was extremely friendly and very sweet. She even shared a picture of her sweet dog Elliot. Elevators in hotel were very very neat.

Stayed: June 2018