Reviews (4 740)
2 032
1 264
2 032
1 264
All reviews columbus circle rooftop pool the holiday inn midtown central park north tower new york times square lincoln center bit dated hell's kitchen two double beds carnegie hall large room concierge desk few blocks subway station midtown manhattan
69 - 74 of 4 740 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The location is good, close to Columbia Circle and Central Park. Apart from this, the service is not really touched or warm welcome from front line colleagues. Fair to mention, the concierge luggage storage service is good for travelers.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My significant other and I went out to New York for the weekend to go to a concert at Carnegie Hall. The Watson Hotel is a great location a few blocks away from Carnegie. The cost for the hotel was not bad considering costs of other local hotels. We enjoyed drinks in the lounge. The staff was friendly, the drinks were delicious, and the snacks were good. The room itself was a little small, but it was not a problem for us. Also, the bed was squeaky and not too comfortable, though after the drinks that wasnt a bother either.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Upon booking, I knew the hotel was older. However, for the price, the option of having a pool, and its location to our activities, it looked like a good choice. The room (corner deluxe) was clean, though dated. The AC unit in the room was old and ran constantly, because even though set at 55, it never got below 80 (we kept drapes closed to try to keep the sun out to no avail. Due to the age of the unit, complaining would do no good. The only fix would be a renovation.... we dealt with it. Had to have keys updated twice in a 4 night stay, which was aggrevating, but not a deal breaker. The pool area was a nice place to go between day and evening activities. The location made it easy for us to walk everywhere we went. Central Park Zoo, Times Square and to Broadway shows. Every place was about a 20 min walk. Plenty of reataurants, bars and coffee shops in the area to get a good NYC experience. The biggest eye-opener though was on our last night when a mouse scampered across our 5th floor room and under the bed. We called the front desk, expecting them to send someone with a glue trap or something to catch or case the mouse out of the room... they were very unconcerned. Offered to move us to another room (this was 11pm when we were leaving at 6am) or give us some breakfast vouchers. Uhhhhhh.... we explained our timing situation and got no other option offered. We dealt with it for our remaining time there, but I have never called with a complaint to not have someone come up to the room to check out a situation. The complete lack of customer service floored me. We bought it up again at check out and got a "sorry." We spent over $1200 for 4 nights. I expected more concern and a bit of service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Roving783028
Reviewed 25 June 2018

RATS!!
Yes, that is right! We found not one, but two rats inside our rooms on our stay at this hotel...

We stayed for 11 days at this hotel, and I was expecting a little bit more from it. The Hotel is very well located, near Central Park and relatively near to major city attractions.

The lobby was clean and with a modern look, sleek and inviting atmosphere, but that feeling stops right there. The corridors were kind of old and not well maintained and cleaned: a glass of some kind of drink stayed in it for days. The rooms had no minibar and only the second one had a safe. At least they were cleaner than the corridors.
We stayed on the 5th floor and we had to use the stairs a lot because the elevators had an unusual waiting time... The bar didn’t have a lot of beers that were on the menu and the wi-fi speed was terrible...

However, I could put all these issues aside and enjoy my stay in NYC, for sure. I love this city.

But what I cannot accept is this rat situation.

The first time, I was on my bed and suddenly I was surprised by a rat, sniffing around right beside my friends' bed!! Long story short, we had to change rooms in the middle of the night and the next day was an awful day, tired from breakfast already...

The SECOND RAT showed up on the last night and it was wandering around the luggage. When I told the hotel staff the next morning, they seemed indifferent and we had to beg for a late checkout that was granted for us “only because of the rat because we don’t do this”.

Seriously, is that normal? To sleep with a rat right beside you, on your stuff or even maybe on you while you sleep?

We tried unsuccessfully to find another place, but the options were not viable at all. All other hotels had exorbitant prices to book on the same day.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
11  Thank estiurka2206
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I stayed here on a work trip for 3 nights. The location worked well for my purpose - work, apartment hunting in Midtown East/Chelsea and easy access to all the restaurants on 9th Ave. Check in was easy, staff was nice and my room was end of the hall, and very spacious and quiet. The bathroom was small, which is expected in Manhattan, but was surprisingly small considering how big the room was. Starbucks in 1/2 block away.

The only thing I'd say - the space from the lobby to the room is a little rundown - elevators, worked fine, but old. Carpet in hallway/common areas is worn.

I tried to book again for my next trip which involves moving into an apartment at 57th/11th but it wasn't available.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business