“AMAZING OYSTERS @ Happy Hour”
Review of The Mermaid Inn

The Mermaid Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mermaid Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #338 of 14 817 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Wow! Get there before 5:00pm in order to get a seat. You can order two dozen at a time which insures that all tables have oysters coming without a long wait. Sat at an outside table. Lots of other great food on the happy hour menu. Try the fish tacos if they have them. Fabulous!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Grilled Calamari topping Frisee salad is my go-to meal at the bar. Indoor and outdoor seating and useful to have reservations as the wait can be 30 mins+ with limited areas to await table. Brunch is a bustling crowd.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Nice atmosphere and an excellent bartender who took care of us from beginning to end. I wish I could remember her name. She worked on Sunday and was genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We were there for happy hour and had drinks and a shrimp and fried clam slider at the bar. We would definitely return.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The Mermaid Inn (2 locations: East Village and Upper West Side) is a favorite place of ours for seafood in NYC. Short of traveling to Cape Cod, this restaurant offers a well curated menu of seafood specialties (check out their oyster ‘app’). While the menu is not particularly large (you won’t find a diverse offering of fried seafoods), there is plenty to choose from. Fish tacos and hush puppies are not to be missed!!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

From the moment we entered the beautiful luxury decor and were greeted by the knowledgable and helpful wait staff... our evening was excellent ! We started off with the grilled octopus... I was quite TENTATIVE.... no pun intended ! But this appetizer was truly amazing ! So tender and the charred flavor was just perfect ... as was the dipping sauce. Our entrees were superb. The salad is the freshest .... most deliciously dressed bowl of antioxidants... such a healthy and crunchy-tasty salad ! I wish I had had time (room) to start off with two starters because the oysters are served in a wonderful presentation... and my friend has had them....says they are perfection. The fortune telling fish at the end is a nice touch and I can not wait to go back the next time I am in NYC.