“Good but not as I expected”

The Doughnut Project
Ranked #26 of 393 Bakeries in New York City
Neighbourhood: West Village
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My partner has been ‘following’ the doughnut project for months prior to our trip to NYC and this was way up there on her list of places to eat at. We chose four doughnuts to take to eat in Central Park (a few mins walk away). The flavour options were/are good but somehow we were underwhelmed by the taste of them. Bland in some respects and the dough and glazing just wasn’t that exciting. It’s hard to exactly put my finger on why we didn’t really like them, maybe we expected too much. The coffee we took away was also only warm and stone cold within a couple minutes walk. I did buy a cool t-shirt there that got many glances when walking around and no doubt some good free advertising for ‘the project’ but all in all I’d have to say I’ve had better doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. Sorry.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

My friend and I couldn't decide, so we just ordered a bunch to sample them all. They were amazing. The corn creme brulee was the best doughnut I've ever had IN MY LIFE.

Service was great, and the shop itself is adorable. I would recommend this play to any and everyone.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Coffee and salted toffee, strawberries and cream, maple and bacon (with REAL BACON)...they’re all so delicious and FRESH!! Grab one or five and a coffee (which is in this coffee snobs opinion one of the best in NYC) and walk three blocks to Tiffany’s and do the iconic Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany’s shot for your social media. Perfect start to any day in NYC!!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Jesus Christ went in for a quick doughnut on the way to Central Park and had the best one ever.
Walked in and the guy was singing and dancing to sting
Several visits later still couldn’t get enough.
Gutted that I couldn’t bring myself to try the bacon and maple syrup.
Great excuse to return to NY

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Took my girlfriend on the Secret Food Tour, and was introduced to The Doughnut Project. A very small and cozy shop, with a lot of selections. My girlfriend had never tried a real American doughnut before, we got the Everything doughnut, and she loved it. She even bought an extra (with lemon frosting, excellent!). She tried 4 more doughnuts (Starbucks, Dunkin, Café, etc) throughout our weekend stay in NY, none of them even close to the Doughnut Project. Highly recommended!