“Good as expected and everywhere in the world”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #1 356 of 14 719 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: HARD ROCK CAFE NEW YORK Est. August 12, 2005 Located in the center of New York City and the heart of Times Square, Hard Rock Cafe New York will rock your senses with tantalizing food and drinks and an awe-inspiring collection of music memorabilia. Times Square, also called the "Crossroads of the World" is the home of the New Year's Eve Ball Drop, Broadway Theatre, Madame Tussauds wax museum, Ripley's Believe It or Not!(R) Times Square, and many other famous attractions. The fun and excitement never stops in NYC and Times Square, and it never stops at Hard Rock Cafe New York. NYC's Dining & Entertainment Destination As one of the city's largest entertainment destinations, Hard Rock Cafe New York features a 708-seat restaurant and a recently opened 1,800-square-foot Rock Shop(R) with authentic Hard Rock merchandise. Furthermore, the cafe boasts a unique outdoor space above the building's historic marquee, where guests can host private parties amid the lights and excitement of Times Square. Surround Yourself with Music's Greats Priceless pieces from legends like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Billy Joel, and Elvis Presley grace our cafe walls along with more contemporary items, including stage costumes worn by Madonna and Gwen Stefani. The Times Square cafe also features rock 'n' roll memorabilia from artists with New York ties such as John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, The Ramones, and Bruce Springsteen.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been to a few Hard Rock Cafes around the globe. Recently we had lunch in the one in New York City. We needed to wait 10 minutes for a table, which was OK. The staff was friendly and efficient. The burgers were perfect made and delicious. Hard Rock Cafe, always a good place to go.

Write a ReviewReviews (8 168)

15 - 19 of 8 170 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch before going to see a show. My husband and I love the hard rock and we weren’t disappointed. My husband had a cocktail and I had a milkshake which were both lovely. Then we had a sharing platter which was very big but enough for us as that is all we ate. All staff were great in the restaurant and shop.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The atmosphere was great. Waiter was funny and helpful with travel tips. Food was good and didn't take a lot of time. Prices were high, but that is a norm for Manhattan. They try to take your picture when you first come in, but we asked to skip it and they were good with that. Overall, we had a good experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Somehow this has nothing to do with a normal Hard Rock experience. The place was half empty. But still half an hour wait for a table. Once shown to the table, no attention whatsoever. Half an hour before anyone recognised we were waiting to be serviced. That particular waiter was polite and professional. But a question to other waiter about password for Wi-Fi service caused her to raise her eyebrows. Appearance beyond borderline rude. Waiting time was not Hard Rock quality. Service was not HR quality. Food was however HR-quality. But...... 4 visits to the table from server and manager with apologies. Offer at the end of this no-joy experience was one entre and one drink off the bill. I've been a loyal HR customer for many years. But this was the worst ever experience. Sincerely doubting I'll ever return or recommend the chain to anyone. What a shame. Probably more for me than for HR. I somehow think they'll manage without me as a customer.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

72 bucks for 3 people for the most meager breakfast buffet I've experienced. Pancakes and Waffles are made separately for some reason with no notice on that. Service was slow and what was available at the buffet was not much more than a hotel continental breakfast. The atmosphere is fine, the memorabilia cool, but otherwise it's a giant merchandise gift shop disguised as a restaurant. Lunch offered heavy calorie meals at heavy prices and none of it worth it.

Clean restrooms, spacious seating.

This is like Disney. If you've swallowed the Kool Aid, nothing will dissuade you.
For us, no thanks,