“Cosy , Delicious , Authentic & CHEAP”
Review of Zest

Zest
Ranked #3 456 of 15 761 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Neighbourhood: Lower East Side
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have been to Zest sushi multiple times. I love it there. The happy hour is very cheap even though normal prices itself are very affordable. Its a small but cosy place. On a weekend , you might find yourself waiting for table. All the shrimp & salmon sushi are to die for .. I love the plum wine there. It has a lot of good options for Vegetarians too !

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I've lived in NYC for 7 years.

About 4 years ago I came across Zest and it changed the sushi experience for me.There are so many sub-par sushi spots in the city, and while I'm not a huge sushi lover, my husband and all of my friends are, and this is everyone's go-to. When I go to Zest I always get hand rolls, my husband / friends gets sashimi and we typically split a bunch of apps. We've also ordered entrees; Pad Thai, Fried Rice, Noodles etc., and everything is always fantastic. The atmosphere here can't go unnoticed either. While it is a small place, in the summer it's open-air and the music is always SO good; mix of 80's 90's and today. Can't beat it.

Zest used to be BYOB, but it's since changed and simply only offers Saki and Beer.

I've seen all ages here, but it's typically 20's and 30's.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

A cozy, popular local sushi place. The place was full even though it was neither lunch not dinner time. Indeed, it is reasonably priced. Sushi was good, sashimi was OK. Service was really good. A good place to go if you crave sushi, are in the neighborhood and are not in the mood to spend a lot of money. However, quaint it is not and you will not surprise your guest with the quality of sushi and presentation.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Great birthday dinner! Probably one of the best sushi dinner experiences I’ve had so far, the man who helped us was super accommodating and recommended two types of drinks and made sure that we were taken care of , sushi was delicious and they made me a custom spicy crab meat roll too! I️ loved it

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Had the generic rolls. They were fresh and delicious. Salmon rolls and tuna were really fresh. The saki was reasonably priced.
Good ambience and quick service.