Reviews (1 300)
1 300 results
All reviewsthe empire state buildinggreat locationnew yorkattached restaurantsubway stopherald squarefridge and microwavefront desk staffcity viewwould stay here againrooms are smallcoffee machinenyc hotelsfew blockshigh floorbig appletimes square
38 - 43 of 1 300 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We usually stay at Hilton or in New York Barclays intercontinental.. lobby nothing to be impressed about location is good as far as it’s straight shot to penn station for amtrack.. we walked it easy.subway steps away. Couple youngish gents checked me in. Got to the room and looking out the window which I love to do was the worst view I’ve ever been in.. I called front desk he said booked up nothing he could do. I called back and told him I’m here sat till thurs Hilton honors member and I can’t deal looking at this view so I won’t be using Hilton again. I started to look for another hotel.asap I get a call from holly Bibder director front desk.. he must have relayed my message! She came right up to the room took us up to 25 th floor same view but very high up somade tremendous difference! After that happy as a clam! View was great room could get icy cold.. I like that.. house keeping perfect very clean. Room we had was next to emergency door not by elevator... Holly is all about customer service for sure.. I was in elevator with peeps not happy about discusting view. I said when that happens ask for manager.. I’m sure people just go with it and don’t go back! Has micro wave fridge.. coffee maker sucked but dunkin was around the corner. They had coffee in lobby but it didn’t taste fresh and I have to have good coffee. U get 2 bottles water 1 st day no matter how long you stay..area is good room small I’d stay here again. Good food at pub down the street captains pub I think..take subway to museums, Coney Island Statue of Liberty, Broadway.. below is view out the window

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear europeantraveler1953, thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor! I am sorry that your stay with us was initially less than excellent, however I am glad that Holly was able to provide you with excellent customer service! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The hotel was nice. The rooms were clean and nice although on the small side, but not unusual for New York. The Valet parking was more expensive then some at $85, but the location is so busy, it was just easier to let them find a parking place. The staff was very nice. You must try the restaurant next door, very active and food and drink were tasty! It is called The Ainsworth.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello jackbaby, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed here last weekend for a family members birthday party. Had a very nice sized room for NYC on the 25th Floor with a great view of the surrounding buildings. Staff was very nice and informative when asking for directions or recommending a place to eat in the area. This hotel was centrally located in the city. Walking distance to Time square and Empire State building. With access to the subway right across the street. Will stay here again next time visiting the city

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Julian B, thanks for the excellent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate that you recognized how "very nice" the team was during your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The king room was very small, but expected for midtown. Clean rooms. Helpful front desk. Valet was $85 a night, but was convient to drop the car off and not worry about it. I would avoid driving if possible. The traffic getting to the hotel is chaotic.

For around $200 a night it's a great hotel, especially since you'll spend most time outside the room.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jon S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Midtown Park Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Mattspyro, thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review! We appreciate that you took the time to recognize how clean your guest-room was as well as how helpful the Front Desk team was during your recent stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Hilton Garden Inn Midtown/Park Ave. excellent place to stay in NYC. Hotel lobby was spacious, open with plenty of comfortable and modern furniture. A charging/work station for phone and laptops in lobby. Rooms were clean, comfortable and very affordable. Staff was awesome, very friendly and accommodating. Location was perfect. Very close to Subway and local attractions.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear James B, thanks for your recent Trip Advisor review! We are glad that you found our lobby to be "spacious" and our guest-rooms to be "clean, comfortable". What really sets us apart from the competition is our "awesome, very friendly and accommodating" team and we thank you for recognizing them! Hope to see you again soon!