Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$272
US$240
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$209
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$168
US$152
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$306
US$264
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$167
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$160
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$151
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$201/night.

Holiday Inn New York City - Wall Street(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$164
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$110
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$524
JW Marriott
  • Room Service
Reviews (2 362)
2 362 results
All reviewspenn stationgreat locationtimes squarenew yorkfree breakfastmadison square gardenmake your own wafflesbagelswaffle makerhot breakfastfridge and microwavethe empire state buildinggood sizearound the cornerfront desk staffsmall hotelbeds were comfortable
9 - 14 of 2 362 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked a room at the Wingate Wyndham in NYC near Penn Station for June 19/20 2018. Checked in at 11 a.m., but my room was not ready. That was OK and the staff took my info and checked my bag for me and directed me to restroom facilities before I went out to attend several meetings. At 10 p.m. I returned. When I identified myself, the very nice desk-man, Winston, told me he was sorry, but due to a mistake (never explained) my room was given to someone else and there was no room for me. He gave me my bag and told me he arranged for a room at a Best Western six blocks away. No cab was called. But he did tell me the hotel would pay my bill and also compensate me with sufficient points for another free Wyndham night -- had that been true, this review would be much better. But his promise proved false. I walked six blocks carrying my luggage in the late night in a suspect neighborhood to an inferior hotel. Its staff was OK. The room was well worn. The next morning I paid for the room, got a receipt and walked the 6 blocks back to the Wingate. I gave the desk person, Elena, who was nice, the receipted bill from the Best Western as instructed. I mentioned the points for the free night and she nodded in the affirmative and that the manager would be in contact. I then boarded my train at Penn Station. I got emails from the Wingate manager, Neil Ganko that he was refunding my bill for the Best Western. (which would have been reimbursed to me by my client) but he would not honor the promises of the hotel's desk persons (Winston and Elena) that I also would be compensated with a one free nights worth of Wyndham points (which is 15,000 points/night). Manager Neil Ganko's response to my concerns and inconvenience was, in his own e-mailed words, "You’re entitled to your opinion on how you feel the walk was handled but I assure you the hotel followed the proper procedure so please feel free to touch base with whomever you feel necessary." Following procedures, I contacted the Wyndham customer relations number and ended up with more emails from Mr. Ganko - not a user-friendly manager! My suggestion to anyone who has been similarly abuses and breaches of promises by Wingate and Wyndham to stand firm, publicize the chain's hotel's lack of concern for its customers and, perhaps, call the nearest class action attorney. Apparently, the "procedures" manual for Wyndham properties is that if the hotel screws up, the procedure is to screw the customer.

Room Tip: Be sure you get checked in and move in, or the room may not be there when you return
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank JTMurphyesq
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Never received a confirmation email for stay. Was billed as a no show. When I called they said there was nothing they can do. The reservation was a week off and according to my records I was correct in the dates I had planned on.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joseph S, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Good aftenoon Alex,

We are very sorry that you did not get to stay with us for the correct dates. You should contact the service you used to make the reservation in order to see how the error was made. We take your reviews very seriously and will be correcting these issues immediately but we have to charge reservations even if the guest does no show.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Back again after a year, I still find this three-star hotel to my liking. Okay, the rooms are a little more worn out than they were a year ago, but they’re still large by NYC standards, which is this hotel’s biggest asset. Of course, the room rates would be half their current level if the hotel was located anywhere else in the world, but for NYC, the rates are average. Front desk isn’t incredibly friendly, but you’ll get by.

Location is very central, with direct subway access to JFK on the E train, Macy’s and Kmart right next door and Times Square a few blocks away.

The breakfast, which is always included in your room rate, is a feast for carb lovers and a nightmare for everyone else, but there are plenty of healthier options nearby.

They tell me they fixed the bad wifi connectivity that the rooms in the back used to suffer from (rooms with two beds). I hope the management can confirm this in their reply. I stayed in a street-facing room (king bed) and in those, wifi works without problems.

Room Tip: all king rooms face the street, all rooms with two beds face the courtyard
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Good afternoon,

We thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We did upgrade the entire Wi-fi system so everything is working nicely. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back with us soon!

Wingate team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked a 7-night stay at this hotel with Booking.com and stayed for 2 nights (of the planned 7), I am currently in the process of checking out to shift elsewhere. Here's why:
1. The room allotted does not get any network through the day. I missed calls from work due to this.
2. Throughout my stay the room was not been serviced, the beds were not made, the towels were not changed nor were bathrooms cleaned. The front desk said 'towels arrived now' (midnight).
3. The carpets are dirty, and there was litter outside my door since midday.
4. When I said I want to check out because of the above I was told they have a 48-hour cancellation policy, which was not on the confirmation mail they sent me nor disclosed to me at the time of checking in.
Absolutely shoddy, unhygienic place. Spoilt our vacation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Good afternoon,
We are very sorry that you were inconvenienced during your stay. We take your reviews very seriously and will be correcting these issues immediately. Please give us another opportunity to prove ourselves, we would love to have you with us.

Wingate Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel was perfectly situated for metro/bus stations, including big open top tour buses. The reception staff were first class in explaining best ways to get to where you were going, giving detailed metro/bus numbers to catch, both there and back again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Joseph S, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon,

We thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back with us soon!

Wingate team