Reviews (12 447)
3 620
4 432
2 543
1 176
All reviews the executive lounge central park herb n kitchen great location new york times square rockefeller center radio city music hall large hotel busy hotel few blocks lobby bar fifth avenue housekeeping staff high floor bagels street noise
1 125 - 1 130 of 12 447 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton midtown with our teenage boys. We first stayed here many years ago when we got engaged and then at the start of our honeymoon. Our stay this time was lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel is in a great location. Only negative is the rooms are a little bit tired.
A big plus to our stay was Ernesto in the Executive lounge. Such a lovely member of staff. So friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Nothing was too much trouble and he took the time to give us lots of useful tips about New York. He really made our stay at the hotel fabulous.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Quest587255
NewYorkHiltonMidtown, Manager at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback with us; we are always elated to welcome our return guests back to the New York Hilton Midtown! It was truly a pleasure to welcome you and your family and we will be sure to send your kind remarks to Ernesto. We are constantly going through renovations to improve the decor, furniture and wall finishing's of our rooms to provide our guests with the needed amenities necessary to enjoy a relaxed and enjoyable stay. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon once this is completed!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Hilton is always a safe bet when staying in a new city. We ate breakfast in executive lounge Ernesto was very friendly and made getting in with my kids easy, kept everyone happy! We will diffently be back next time in NYC.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review Phillip! We are thrilled we could help make your time in NYC such a delight. Your feedback is the highest compliment you could pay us we will certainly share your kind words with Ernesto! We hope to be of service to you again when your travels bring you back to New York City!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Jose Flores and the chef working at Herb N' Kitchen this afternoon were awesome--I wish I had received his name as well to shout out. There are so many wonderful gluten free options at the store and those two went out of their way to customize my meal exactly the way I wanted it. The housekeeping staff is also very friendly and courteous. Great location and executive lounge too. The only thing I could complain about if I really wanted to be nit-picky is that there is no coffee maker in the room for coffee and tea.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you Nicole for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with Jose and with Chef! The team will be thrilled to hear that they were able to make your stay special. We look forward to welcoming you back to New York again soon, and will share your kind review with our team.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Checking in and out of this hotel was a nightmare. The reception desk is huge but there are hardly any people working there, so lines to check in and out are really long, and do not move quickly. When I called this hotel with questions before, during and after my stay, the employees I interacted with rushed me off the phone and were very rude to me, which made me feel like they didn't care if I had any concerns or questions. Other than that, the location and rooms are good if you need to be right in midtown Manhattan. Otherwise I'd stay somewhere else with nicer people and more streamlined processes.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent experience at The New York Hilton Midtown. A valued guest such as yourself deserves nothing less than impeccable service, and we regret to hear that this was not part of your experience. Please be assured that this is uncharacteristic of our typical level of hospitality. Please do not hesitate to reach out at the email below so we can further discuss your experience. We hope to be able to make things right.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stayed at this hotel June 21-24.
Location is good and 10-15 minute walk to Times square and the Theatre area. Closer to central park...
This is a BIG hotel with 44 floors are LOTS of people.
Check in went well, but they charge your credit card with 75USD per night and then credit it after you leave if you didn't charge anything to the room. I was nervous about this, but it wasn't an issue in the end...
Wifi was good and I had no problems.
They have security and you have to show your key when you come in after 10 pm (which I appreciated).
Room was nice, simple. I agree that the bathrooms need renovating... We stayed in room 3434. Good water pressure even though we were high up! Tub was peeling by the drain... We could hear the cars honking (lightly) in the afternoon, but nothing loud which was great.
We had free continental breakfast which is VERY good (bagels with jam and cream cheese, fruit, pastries, salad, etc.).
We tried to book shows with the Transportation/entertainment booth, but they were not helpful and the prices were more expensive that what we found online.
We did use the concierge one night (June 23) to find a nice roof top lounge close by and she was very helpful. Even called and checked the location for us. She was nice.
Overall I would recommend the hotel if you can get a good price on it :)
good luck!
Utena

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the New York Hilton Midtown. We're thrilled to hear that you loved our location, guest rooms and services, particularly with our Concierge and Security teams. We truly appreciate all of your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the New York Hilton Midtown soon!