“Aggressively Average”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hard place to review: they have some high spots (the people at the door, funky decor) and some really low spots (dirty, horrible bath rooms, water leaking out of wall and soaking our coats). But, looking just at the food, it was "pretty" but under seasoned. Their "spicy" dishes needed seasoning...The food was brought out at various times. We had to keep encouraging others in the group to "go ahead and eat" while the others waited for food. Overall, will not be returning.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 127)

9 - 13 of 2 127 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The Spotted Pig is a great place if you’re in the mood for burgers among other delicious things on the menu. The space itself is a little tight but the food is well worth it and highly recommend checking it out if you are in the neighborhood and craving a great meal.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Turned up on a Sunday afternoon and had a 40 min wait which was no problem as we popped into a pub around the corner.
This is my 6th visit to this place over 10 years or so maybe even longer...
Every visit I had the same meal , the burger. This is still excellent and I suppose a signature dish.
The real ale on draft was tops as was the Slovenian red wine.
Our server I think his name was Ricki was also super friendly.
I over heard the table next to us had the last 3 burgers at around 3.30pm which I suppose seems surprising.
I will return again and maybe one day I will choose something else but that’s a tough call.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have always wanted to go to the Spotted Pig after years of New York Visits and nearly chances of getting here. This time I made it but it left me disappointed.

It’s a no reservation policy which was fine on this Monday night as we only had to wait for 30 minutes in a bar upstairs and they text when the table was ready.

We asked for an off menu cocktail but was refused as the bartender upstairs was not able to make this - an espresso martini.

Once at the table we had a server who wasn’t over friendly and I can understand some of the similar comments on here about the service. It was very underwhelming and I am sure April Bloomfield would be disappointed if she herself received the service when considering the high prices and high quality of the food she serves.

My friend asked to substitute the potatoes that came with the steak for the Shoestring fries. She was told in no uncertain terms that Spotted Pig ‘does not do substitutions’ and that there are only a few potatoes with the dish anyway so she paid $12 additional for the fries (you have to try them).

The food itself was very very good, I had the risotto which was so tasty and tried the steak and fries which were just gorgeous.

We had to ask for more drinks and also ask for the check which is just a mere indication of how inattentive the server was to us, we maybe spoke to her twice.

It’s a shame as the place itself is very cosy, homely, and the food is lovely - but the service is just not anywhere near what I would consider basic New York Standards.

Sorry April.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Third time I have visited and the hamburger keeps being surprisingly fabulous. Next time I will potentially eat two instead of ordering appetizers. Great decoration, great service and great coasters! If you come to New York you have to have one.