“enduring pleasure”
Review of Cookshop

Cookshop
Reserve with OpenTable
Cookshop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #438 of 14 744 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Corner of 10th Ave and 20th Street
Transit: Both the A, C, E, or L at 14th street/8th avenue or the C, & E at 23rd Street. Also the 1 train is located at 18th street and 7th avenue.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cookshop has been a neighborhood standard for me for many years now, and although I don't get there as often as I would like to, when I do have dinner here, I am always as pleased as I was the very first time. Great staff! Wonderful food, exciting menu, excellent wine choices.... What's not to love!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the best restaurant in the area. I love variety of food and good wine. The service is very useful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went twice as it was so good. We shared a salad for lunch on the outside patio to shelter from the damp weather - and sharing a salad was no issue at all, they even took the trouble to split it across 2 plates for us. We then had drinks at the bar - great drinks (with amazing complimentary chips at the bar on our 2nd visit mid afternoon just for drinks) and wonderful bar staff. Great spot if you have been exploring The Highline. Lots of (well healed!) locals at the bar.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been here several times and left impressed every time. This time however was a miss for me. I ordered the Grilled Carolina shrimp salad w/ fingerling potatoes, capers, olives and dijon vinaigrette. First of all shrimp and potatoes are just not a good match. I should have known and I guess the chef should have known. But the crime was the shrimps themselves. Having that unmistakable acetoney flavor that seafood take on when past its prime. The salad was overdressed and the greens severely melted. The dressing was too salty, add the capers and the olives - to the point of inedible. I had really high hopes this place was capable of making an outstanding salad. My mainstay. It’s so easy guys. You just need fresh ingredients, minimal experience, then toss. My husband ordered the crispy fish sandwich which was superb. The wine was great as usual and the former governor of New Mexico, Bill Richardson was dining on the next table over, which naturally led to reminiscing about those happy days. Lunch is very busy here and it seemed the staff was a bit overwhelmed. It was hard to get their attention. Don’t you want to sell more wine? Or was it Bill?

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We came a bit early, waited for it to open, first ones in so got to pick a nice table outside. the view wasnt best at construction site and a parking lot, and a tiny table with fairly close to other tables, but better than all the noise inside! It got very busy very quickly, i am glad we came early. service was friendly. Food was Nice, but nothing special or amazing on brunch menu. Ordered poached eggs and oven baked eggs. poached -nice presentation, although overly sour sauce; oven baked - well nothin really special- just sunny side eggs and soft (not even crispy) bacon i make at home daily. The only difference was it was stuck to the dish (since baked not fried). Not even a little garnish of orange or greenery to pretty it up. Orange juices were good. Coffee was very watered down, the girl almost splashed it all over us while pouring (rushed?) The only thing that was worth mentioning really were the cheese beignets! Those were amazing- fluffy, hot, crisp to perfection but soft inside, with super yummy jam! although not perfect, it's a decent place for breakfast or brunch in Chelsea.