“Very Good, However!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Somerton Park, South Australia
“Very Good, However!”
Reviewed 25 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

We were met by our host (Yvonne) and given a briefing on the apartment and amenities,which was well equipped and comfortable. This was very much appreciated after a tiring trip to get to New York.The convenience of three subway lines with in easy walking distance and a very good food market across the street was great. This part of Chelsea does not have very many good restaurants apart from Eataly (an amazing Italian store with several eating areas) situated on 23rd and 5th.
HOWEVER, Tripadvisor had the address listed as 169 West 24th, which would have placed the building away from 7th Avenue, when the actual address is [--] street which is the corner of 7th and 24th. Take your ear plugs and sleeping tablets as the noise as horrendous with apartment being located on the second level facing 7th Avenue and not having double glazing to reduce noise. This noise level does not only affect this apartment but any apartment on a main street in New York

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Convenience to subway
Liked least: Noise
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Oct 2014
Thanks for your review and suggestions. It was a pleasure hosting you and your wife for your trip back to New York. HOWEVER, there are a couple of FACTS that I feel responsible as a New York host to provide to other travelers especially for those that have never been to New York before:

FACT 1: The side of where I live is one of the most desirable SIDE of Prime Chelsea neighborhood. Anyone live in New York could tell you that Chelsea is rated as the top real estate residential neighborhood in Manhattan. All of the guests that I have hosted before loved the building as well as the apartment as it provides the best of what a luxury building in Manhattan can offer. I'm proud to share my home with my guests and provide the real New York experience.

FACT 2: within the immediate radius of our building, there are 20-30 top ranked Zagat Rated restaurants including the famous Gramercy Tavern, Cafeteria, Grand Sichuan etc., which I provide either prior to my guests check in or during check in process according to their preference. Besides, we are surrounded by tons of great diners and supermarkets. I feel a little shocked that dinning out could be challenging in this neighborhood.

FACT 3: New York is known as 'the city that never sleeps'. With that, it does come with certain expectations. We are blessed to have hard working personnel working at night to ensure the subway runs around the clock 24 hours as well as to protect the safety of every New Yorker and our lovely guests while we all enjoy the beauty of the night in the city. Staying in the center of the city while surrounded by all major subways, it's almost unrealistic to expect no sound from underground subways and sirens from time to time. As a matter of fact, that's one of the charming characters of this amazing city, isn't it?

FACT 4: I have hosted families with elder parents, with young kids, and even with babies. All of them have provided very positive feedback and no complaints have been received so far. I do understand that some guests are light sleepers and have always provide honest suggestions accordingly. After all, I only hope for a great experience for my guests here in New York.

I learned and keep learning from a lot of great suggestions from my guests. That's what makes me a good host in New York. At the same time, it's my responsibility to provide the facts and reasonable expectations to my guests as well. I hope this is helpful to those who are planning to travel to New York, regardless whether you are planning to stay with me or in Chelsea.

Thanks,
Yvonne
Katy12777...
Cupertino, California
“A nice modern apartment in a cool neighborhood”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This apartment was great for a 5 night stay. It is located smack in the middle of Chelsea, in a newly renovated nice building with a doorman, a rooftop terrace, and a gym. The apartment is nice and specious, and we thought it looks larger in reality than in the photos on Tripadvisor.. we told Yvonne she should take better photos :)

Yvonne and Federico were extremely accommodating; although we arrived VERY early on Sunday morning, and although the previous renters didn't check out yet, Yvonne met us at the building, kept our luggage, and when we returned a few hours later our luggage was already in the cleaned and organized apartment. The apartment was stocked with all the supplies needed for a comfortable stay. Additionally, Yvonne provided us a portable playpen for our toddler to sleep in, so we didn't have to carry our own portable crib across the country...The building has an elevator, which was a big plus with a baby stroller. We loved it!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
SKD73
London, United Kingdom
“Great find, clean apartment in central location”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

This was a very spacious one bed apartment which fit my husband, my 6 and 3 year olds and me! The pull out sofa bed (single) was large and very comfortable, as was the blow up bed for my 6 year old. Yvonne was an amazingly friendly and thoughtful host who went out of her way to help. I had emailed her with so many queries that she felt more like a friend when we arrived. There were cupcakes waiting for us; milk in the fridge, clean towels, hand soap, washing up liquid, spices for cooking, cereal and olive oil. he location was extremely central - only 2 miles from central park (we walked) and about 15 mins to the Empire State Building. It was a little bit noisy (street noises) but that is to be expected in NY. We will be back!

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Scotland
Reviewed 8 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Buenos Aires
Reviewed 18 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing