“60th birthday celebration drinks”
Review of Refinery Rooftop

Refinery Rooftop
Reserve with OpenTable
Refinery Rooftop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #747 of 14 798 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$90
Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: With a year-round rooftop lounge and breathtaking Empire State views, the Refinery Rooftop offers world travelers - and city dwellers alike - a quintessential New York experience. The Refinery Rooftop is open seven days a week, year-round.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had AMAZING service here during our holiday in New York. After visiting the Empire State Building I treated my boyfriends mum to drinks in a rooftop bar for her 60th birthday. We managed to book a table online. The lift opened up to a beautiful bar area and rooftop with views of the Empire State. We were happy to sit inside but asked if there was any opportunity throughout the evening if they could find us a table outside. We were halfway through our drinks when they said a space had become available outside which was brilliant, especially as it was quite busy inside. To be honest I would have been very happy sitting where we were if my other half didn’t want to move outside... it was comfortable and decorated with beautiful plants - outside was the same but just a little colder! The service we received makes this place so wonderful. At both tables the waitresses took their time to introduce themselves and returned regularly throughout the evening for drinks orders and to make sure we were happy. It didn’t feel like it was too much at all. At one point another drunken group came over to our table and rudely sat down without asking. We were annoyed but didn’t say much as we were leaving after the last drink. The waitress immediately came over to tell them to move and made sure that no one would interrupt us. I was just so impressed.
Drinks were expensive but beautifully presented and great for a treat! Also the seated areas are separate from the standing bar area which makes it feel quite VIP...
The bar is in a hotel with a jazz club downstairs. I may pay a visit to both bars next time we visit NYC!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Refinery is exactly what you’d expect of a midtown rooftop bar. Aggressive, impolite elevator security. Extremely crowded and extremely noisy anytime after 5 pm. Young, attractive, pretentious patrons. Prices only considered reasonable as compared to the midtown competition. If you can get past that element, Refinery features a large, upscale indoor-outdoor space with an unobstructed, very imposing view of the Empire State Building. The drinks are unremarkable, but it’s worth a visit if only to people watch and enjoy the surroundings.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My 21-year-old daughter and I ate here while visiting New York. The atmosphere was amazing with the open air roof, view of the Empire State Building, and the cute bar area. We made a reservation on Open Table (if you can, I'd recommend this as it is very busy) so did not have to wait but a few minutes for a high top table in the bar. We both ordered a drink and some fish tacos. The atmosphere and people watching were fun while we waited for our food. The tacos were delicious and the perfect amount of food for us. Our waitress was nice, efficient and attentive. I'd recommend a drink or bite to eat in this fun atmosphere.

1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I had dinner last night with my family and while the view was beautiful the food was just ok. We had lobster rolls which were dry and over priced. Based on the price I oasis for dinner and drinks we could have had a much better meal. Would only recommend for a quick drink to enjoy the view

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Took a staycation day to see a photo exhibit in Cdentral Park and then did a walk about of our home town. We ended up in midtown and decide to stop at the Refinery Rooftop for a bite.
Wow - a great find, buzzy, gorgeous setting and wonderful food. The Fish Tacos are spot on, great mix of crunchy, some good heat and very tasty. The burger, perfectly done medium, juicy and fresh.
A great selection of beers and a fun way to end a great day.
I would make a reservation as we didn't have one and we didn't feel very welcomed by the hostesses...but post that servers were lovely, and the ambience/food definitely great.

1  Thank djodo