“Decent NY pub ”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Decent pub by NY/US standards (not fair to compare vs higher London/UK norms) — better-than-average food, fair selection of drafts, unwelcoming-but-efficient service.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The pubs in London are dirty and weird. However, my experiences with the ones I have been in US were nice. The Pig & Whistle on 3rd Ave was an example. I have been there last year and this year as well. In addition to the very interesting environment, the drinks, the nicely cold Guinness and even the food, which was very good when I tried (The chicken pot pie and chicken Madeira). I believe it is a very good option for NYC.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Always a good place to get a decent burger and beer. Plenty of choice and whenever in New York, will always try an pop in. Good choice of beers, and staff always friendly.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Why not! The service was great and the experience of sitting on the sidewalk while people watching cannot be beat.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We wanted to have a decent meal before heading to JFK for our flight home and we had visited here on a previous trip and knew it was close to our hotel. It was lunch time and the bar was almost full, we just managed to get the last booth.

The lunch menu is quite small but my husband ordered the Thai beef & rice and I ordered the Mahi Mahi Sandwich with fries. They were both excellent. We then ordered vanilla cheesecake with ice cream to share, it came with raspberry sauce and was really good.

The bill with a beer and lemonade came to $71.59, and the service was efficient & friendly. Recommended.