“Love the new place”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Gramercy Park
Cross street: 5th Ave. and Union Square W.
Transit: Take the 4, 5, 6, N, R or L subway trains to the 14th Street/Union Square stop.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I love every Danny Meyer restaurant and this is mo exception. I love the new building - beautiful.
Service is always the best and I like the " no tipping policy "

Write a ReviewReviews (1 219)

63 - 67 of 1 219 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Outstanding, in a cold very snowy evening such a great place to have a hearty warming meal. Pig was awesome.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I read Danny Myers book years back and this was my first time getting to visit one of his restaurants. I was like a kid on Christmas morning. I arrive as a single patreon for my 7:45pm reservation. Proceeded to wait and watch other parties arrive after me and be seated before me. I was finally sat at 8:12pm. I was seated up stairs and the way the table was positioned I sat on the crack where two benches came together... rather uncomfortable. I ordered the signature Burger to be cooked medium. It was served in good time, however after the second bite I realized this was very rare. They took it back and served the same burger back however this time it was well done. The waitress comped me a beverage for my troubles which is not what I wanted, I wanted to pay for all my drinks and food and be served a GREAT experience. Instead it flat out stunk. It was like finding out Santa is not real.

1  Thank axilator
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Great place to eat that does not disappoint. Menu is interesting. Design is comfortable. Service is flawless, despite, or because of, policy of no tipping.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We were pleasantly surprised by the lunch that we had at the Union Square Cafe in February, we had seen a documentary about the owner Dan Meijer and decided to try some of his restaurants out.. Union Square Cafe surpassed our expectations, from the hostess by the door to the waiting staff, the excellent food and the lovely atmosphere, we
felt welcome and at home.. A must go, if you are in NYC, do reserve a table beforehand though, the Cafe is terribly popular and rightly so