All reviews the empire state building rooftop bar penn station great location courtyard marriott new york hotel entrance the ground floor lobby level street noise corner room definitely stay here again car service city view good size bryant park excellent stay
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Very misleading. did not apply my Marriott Rewards points, though they certainly took my Visa Card! Upon follow up, was told by multiple staff that they could not go back and apply or credit my points. found this hotel to be disingenuous. Will not be staying there for the next training in NY.
A little customer service is not too much to ask.

Room Tip: Do not expect customer service
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mklayweaver
Teddy G, Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Mklayweaver,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. I truly apologize for the negative experience you had during your most recent trip. I would be happy to review and follow up on your situation to ensure that this is an isolated issue. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with the excellent service you deserve on a future stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any further assistance.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I stayed at this Courtyard a few times this last year.
It's slightly old compared to many options close by. But, it's decent. My only qualm is that the rooms don't have a microwave oven.That was the only reason why I didn't stay more frequently.
But, great New York views.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Teddy G, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Palhavi S,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with the hotel and its views which we take great pride in! Please accept our apology for the opportunity experienced with the microwave. Please know that for future stays, we do have a market open 24 hours which has a microwave that all guests are welcome to use! I hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you. If I can be of any assistance during a future stay, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed here as a family of 5 for one night. We had a WONDERFUL stay. We got there late, as in 1230am, the doorman greeted us with a smile and got the elevator for us and sent us right up to the lobby. The lobby is spacious and clean with friendly staff. We finally made it to our room after traveling all day from Europe. The rooms were spacious and clean. We asked for some extra towels and they were delivered within 6 minutes (we timed it for fun). Had a wonderful sleep. The next morning we woke up and went down to the lobby to ask what was the best way to get to Yankee Stadium--we were then directed to the bellhop (??) Michael who told us exactly what we needed to do and where we needed to go. He got us really excited for the Yankee game.

After returning from the Yankee game, Michael was still there and remembered us and asked us how the game was. He gave superb service and was wonderful. This hotel also has luggage storage and made it super easy for us to explore NYC without hauling our luggage every where when we had to check out. The subway station is literally 10 steps out the front door of the hotel which made it SUPER convenient to get anywhere in the city. We were on a higher floor and didn't hear any street noise below. When we return to NYC, we will definitely be staying HERE. HIGHLY recommend it. The only complaint I have is no FREE breakfast---but welcome to NYC :).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank turokl
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Ok room probably small for 3 pax , great location!
loved the rooftop bar and the views, however I requested an envelope to be sent by mail which I left upon my departure with the bellboy and it was never received on destination, neither the hotel knew anything about it, It was a gift and they never accepted any responsability.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Teddy G, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear reviewgirl008,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with the rooftop bars and views which we take great pride in! Please accept our apology for the opportunity experienced with the envelope. Please know we have shared your feedback with our team in order prevent instances such as these from occurring in the future. I hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you. If I can be of any assistance during a future stay, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Average size, clean, room with King bed. View of 35th Street, Macy's and Herald Sq. Convenient walk to Penn Station and the 1 train; next to B.D.F.M trains. Good view of Empire State Building from busy bar at top of hotel. Helpful front desk. Really low bathroom lighting, very thin, scratchy bath towels, not the most comfortable pillows. Internet a bit slow. Noisy air system. Very difficult to warm the room up in cold, rainy weather, even with air turned up to 73-75 or shut off. Small work out room, no towels, very small cone shaped water cups.

Stayed: May 2018
Teddy G, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Herald Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear SanFranciscoClif,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are glad you've found the location as well as our staff service to your satisfaction. We also appreciate the detailed review of your in room experience. Please accept our apology for all the concerns you've mentioned and be assured that I will definitely share with the team in order to find ways to address your findings as soon as possible. I hope you will give us another opportunity to make it up to you. If I can be of any assistance during a future stay, please feel free to contact me directly.