“Great for a Drink ”
Review of The Keg Room

The Keg Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #611 of 15 923 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: The Keg Room is an up-scale casual American-Irish Bar and Restaurant located in New York City. Opened by Mary and Joe Carty on December 3rd, 2012. It is a welcoming and exciting place with beautiful Celtic decor. Its center rectangular island offers three of its sides to its patrons, becoming one of the largest bars in New York City (over 100 feet long.) With 48 beers on draft, 40 bottle beers, several rotating seasonal beers, an enjoyable delicious food menu and 25+ TV screens complemented with four large screen projectors. The Keg Room is an ideal place to hold your next group-event whether it's a fundraiser, birthday, retirement, holiday or corporate parties. The Keg Room is conveniently located in the heart of New York City (36th Street, between 6th and 5th Avenues.) If you are staying in New York City, there are five hotels on our street and several others within walking distance. If shopping brings you to the Big Apple, The Keg Room is only a block away from MACY'S, Lord & Taylor, and several others stores in Herald Square. For the sport and concert fans, the Madison Square Garden is located within walking distance (two blocks away from us). For a taste of New York, we are a short distance from The Empire State Building and Bryant Park Parking couldn't be any more convinient... Right Next Door To Us! Several other Parking Facilities in our immediate area.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped by to catch a ball game and grab a drink. Lots of giant screens!! Great place to watch a sporting event. Great service. Nice selection of drinks.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 17 June 2018

My wife & I visit the Keg room every time we visit New York City. This is located right across the street from our hotel. The food & decor is amazing along with the live entertainment they offer. The food is equally amazing along with the service. The staff from the hostess right down to the bus boy are amazing, friendly, courteous & professional. I would recommend the Keg room to anyone who likes good old Irish food @ a great price & a awesome atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank dsmith20182018
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I am honest, I arrived to see the NBA finals because I can't found it in the hotel TV and also to have dinner. I ordered the lamb chops plate with fear and it surprised me because the quality was excellent. Delicious. Tested. Fantastic... And the quantity also was very good. Good draft beer and the complete offer of beer. Nice place. Excellent to see a match. So many TVs...
Well recommend!!!
I like it too much...

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Cristian V
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Sports bar with SO many TVs ;-) Extensive draught beer menu... A great spot to have a beer and watch a game (or two).

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Headed over to watch the hockey and NBA playoffs. I was surprised at how big this place was especially in NYC. I grabbed a table in front of several TVs and had my pic of games and sports. Clear views and close up screens, which were really great. The menu was what you would expect but it had some healthy and tasty options. I grabbed a beer and shrimp tacos which were both good. The beer was really cold as was the glass which was a nice touch. The tacos were good and I enjoyed them but needed a little more taste to them. A little bland. The service was good. The games didn’t work out how I wanted but oh well. I would definitely return. Great sports bar.

Date of visit: May 2018