“Best Experience in New York City”

Jared the NYC Tour Guide
Ranked #38 of 673 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Passion, energy, intelligence, intensity! Discover NYC's innovations, sights, surprises, history, architecture, beauty. Have a memorable and fun time. I seek to be the highlight of your voyage, with excellent service, and true dramatic storytelling. Good for all ages. Become a confident honorary New Yorker with me.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I have been in NYC many times but we have never learned about the history of the neighborhoods in depth. For our 10th wedding anniversary we decided to take an afternoon with Jared to learn more about the East Village and Alphabet City. We had the fullest afternoon we could have wished for. Jared is very knowledgeable and clearly loves NYC and his role as a guide.He is also very flexible and as he got to know us better he revised our itinerary as we were touring to customize what we saw and what we learned about according to our own interests. We plan to use Jared on all future trips to New York.

All reviews
in 46 reviews
"expert"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We hired Jared as our guide for two days when we visited New York City with our 11-year old grandson. Several months before our trip, Jared helped me plan our days with him so that we could see as much as possible, and, believe me we did—Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, World One, 911 Memorial, Top of the Rock, Grand Central Station, Times Square, Central Park, and much, much more.

Jared was absolutely wonderful! He knew how to easily navigate crowded areas, shortcuts throughout the city, where to take the best photos (he even laid down on the ground to take some shots!), history of the city, navigating the subway, movie locations, etc., etc. Our grandson is rather quiet and introverted, but Jared was able to bring him out more than anyone I’ve seen. Jared knew where lots of NYC movies had been shot. Since our grandson is a big movie fan, by the second day, he was walking right beside Jared most of the time. At the end of the first day, we asked our grandson to “rate” Jared. He gave him a 9.5, but said he wasn’t sure why it wasn’t a 10. At the end of the second day, he said it was a definite 10.

We would highly recommend him to anyone traveling to NYC—he’s the best! We’ve traveled all over the world, and Jared is one of the best we’ve had. You won’t regret hiring him.

JaredTheNYCTourGuide, Owner at Jared the NYC Tour Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for touring with me and sharing your thoughtful response with the TripAdvisor community, KarenQWI.
This is so meaningful because we spent two full days together, and you have a lot of travel experience. I had fun with you and your family.
Leading Grandparent-Grandkid trips is so special. Thank you for welcoming me into your family trip.
Your grandson's memories of NYC may last into the 22nd century!

Reviewed 9 June 2018

I just took my first trip to NYC. I wanted to see it all, but wasn’t sure where to start. So, we found and hired Jared. He met us at our hotel and we enjoyed a great day. We rode the subway, walked the streets, saw the sights, ate the food, heard the stories. Jared tailored the tour to our specific interests and we could not have enjoyed it more. We ended at a restaurant in Times Square before our show. We could not have had a better time or a better introduction to an amazing city. Call Jared. You’ll thank me later.

It was such a pleasure to tour with you, Jennifer L! Thank you for sharing with the TripAdvisor community.

I have toured with your relatives before, so it means so much that they recommended you to me.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Jared did it again! We love this tour guide and are blessed to have him escort all our NYC groups. Great humor, great insight! Thank you, Jared! You rock!

Anne F, this means so much to me coming from your perspective as a professional Tour Operator that works with corporations, cultural organizations, and alumni associations. Your guests are such a pleasure, and we have so much fun.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Announcement, announcement, announcement!
Jared the tour guide is the BEST New York City tour guide ever. Even with a group of 25 extremely tired teenagers he managed to keep the energy and enthusiasm high, while sharing his extensive knowledge in a fun and entertaining way. He showed us all the tourist attractions and exhibitions we wanted to see and guided us through the busy city with his light saber . If you are doing any kind of tour throughout New York you need Jared the tour guide!!

1  Thank Charlotte T

With teens going through crowded, iconic tourist spots, having a light saber is a good way to prevent lost kids, instead of being overwhelmed by NYC's excitement.

I am more low-key with small groups because it is easier to stick together, but with youth it is important to keep it fun and energetic, as well as to announce NYC navigation tips. You have to be on your toes here!

We had a great time, and I hope that they remember a few facts, stories, and their feelings and impressions.

Thank you for touring with me, and thanks for sharing this with the TripAdvisor community.