Reviews (1 346)
1 346 results
All reviews the empire state building herald square penn station times square great location new york free breakfast the breakfast area yogurt around the corner walking distance would stay here again front desk staff rooms are small clean hotel tea and coffee few blocks
26 - 31 of 1 346 reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Everything was clean and in good order, nothing fancy, so exactly what i wanted. The staff were friendly and organised so i could stay in the same room when i had actually done two separate bookings, one through work and one personal, which I appreciated. My only criticism is that only one of the two lifts was working whole I was there, which meant that there was often a queue and you had to wait for a few minutes.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Charlotte W
Margarita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Charlotte W,

Thank you for your candid review of your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to highlight the friendly service and cleanliness you experienced. I am sorry to hear there were issues with the elevator during your stay. Unfortunately, we were waiting for a part to be delivered to fix the elevator which put the elevator out of order for a few days. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for three nights and then switched to the Hilton Garden Inn on 35th Street at a cheaper rate. The Hilton Garden Inn is far superior. Here are my complaints with the Holiday Inn Express:
- Very loud AC
- Street noise, even on the 19th floor (and could still be heard over the loud AC)
- Musty/mildew smell in the room
- Elevator that took FOREVER. One of the elevators was broken the entire time I was there, meaning the entire hotel occupancy was left waiting for 10 minutes+ every time they needed to ride the elevator

On the plus side, the bathroom was well-maintained and comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Elisa C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Hello Elisa C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, NY. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the air conditioning, noise from the street, room condition and the elevator. We will address these concerns. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Stayed there October 4-6 2018. Great location. Central to everything. Room is small, but has everything you need. Room was clean, service was great. Highly recommend. Would stay there again . Plenty of restaurants nearby. Can walk to almost everything. Had a good breafast included.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank freddyman55
Margarita P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear freddyman55,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Express Times Square South. I appreciate your recommendation! I am thrilled you enjoyed our good breakfast, clean rooms and great service. Our team will enjoy hearing about your great experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2018

Hotel located in a perfect place. Rooms not that big, but that is how it is in mist of the Manhattan hotels.
Clean rooms, friendly staff, Thank you Ana :).
Okay breakfast, not changes during our vacation week, but after all it was a"free" breakfast, which is not that usual in US.
I do recommend this hotels - really good value for the dollar.
Next autumn, we will book the same hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank MeriMaaria

Dear MeriMaaria,

Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Express. I couldn't agree more about our prime location in the heart of NYC. I am thrilled to have read you enjoyed our clean rooms and our friendly service. I will be sure to share your comments with Ana. We look forward to your return next autumn.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Location is just perfect "Can't be better in NYC" 36th street is ideal so I chose this property, Check-in was smooth just took 2 minutes, rooms are spacious as compared to others in the same category, breakfast is offered to all irrespective if you have opted for the same or not.

Front desk staff was very accommodating and listened to all our needs and demands patiently “special thanks to Evelyn & Geleena they are super stars”.

Breakfast was minimal but sufficient to start the day with a stomach full, as mentioned by few review writers breakfast area is small but I would say its NYC so I personally didn’t have any grudges as we always got a place to sit.

Rooms have a little odd smell which I feel is from the carpet I personally feel a little deodorization is required when they prepare the rooms for the next day or would recommend some kind to room fresheners should be kept in all rooms to keep it fresh. Bathrooms are big and spacious and I liked it.

Room air-conditioning was just awesome and we appreciated it a lot.

It’s a trend now days in all good hotels to have a 24 hr supply of hot tea/coffee and this property did not disappoint us as they have a counter in there reception area they also had a tea/coffee maker in the room, yes as mentioned by some review writers we missed a refrigerator in the room.

They helped us store the luggage after check-out (check-out process was as smooth as check-in no issues at all) the storage was safe within a closed area with a lock which we liked it, they also help in booking a airport shuttle or a private cab which is helpful.

Location again – special note on location which I feel is the best – Times Square a short walk / Macy's / H&M just near the corner, empire state building just behind all sort of restaurants / clubs within the area, bus stops just on the corner for direct buses to Downtown and Uptown, Penn station 34th St Corner just a short walk.

Too sum up a Good Deal / Package in NYC will stay again.

Thanks & Regards

Room tip: Ask for rooms with street views
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear gagan_madhu,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to tell us about your great experience.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay and love your comments! Your business is truly appreciated and we cannot wait to welcome you back the next time you're in New York.

Yours in hospitality,