“30 Minute Wait on a Tuesday”

Pure Thai Cookhouse
Ranked #29 of 15 768 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$11 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: PURE Thai Cookhouse is a genuine Thai shophouse-style restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen that features homemade noodles from a prized family recipe. PURE specializes in signature dishes you would find from the many vendors and shophouses from the farmlands of Phayao, in the North to the floating markets of Ratchaburi in Central Thailand, to the oceans and fishing villages of Krabi in the South.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It would have been 20 if we wanted to sit at the counter. We would have gotten there earlier if we hadn't walked right by this place. You have to look carefully and have the address handy. The place is very small. My sister had shrimp pad thai, but she didn't like the dried shrimp in it, as they tasted very "fishy", not like shrimp. I loved my stir fry. It was Wok cashew nuts with shrimp, scallion, sugar snap peas, and a chili tamarind sauce for $14. We splurged on a thai iced tea for an additional $4, which was good. Food came within 10 minutes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 222)

57 - 61 of 1 222 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Located in the heart of Hells Kitchen in Manhattan, this thai restaurant really stands out above the rest for several reasons. Unlike many of the Thai restaurants in manhattan, this one actually has really good service and workers who seem to want to be there. It really does make for a better experience when you are properly greeted and waited during the night. The food itself is amazing. I have not had better Thai food in my life and I keep coming back here every chance I get. I was doing consulting work for a company last year and I kept having to fly to NYC for weeks at a time and this because my favorite meal after a long day of work. I go back everytime I am in the city for at least a day and some of the employees even remember me! My go to is the roasted "chasui" pork which always tastes perfect and leaves you super satisfied.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

It is a hole in the wall place with excellent Thai food. the customer service can be a little better but overall a good experience.Medium spicy is not spicy at all.

1  Thank Minchu01
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I visited on a Monday at around 7:30pm. I as a solo diner and was immediately seated at the counter. I tried a chicken satay, one of the seafood curries, and the sticky rice with mango for dessert. The savoury items were pretty good, with some authentic flavours, although they didn’t blow me away. The dessert though was excellent! Service was friendly and quick. I paid around $40 for my meal, excluding tip. A good experience overall.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Tiny place with wonderful noodle bowls and appetizers. My map sent me to the wrong street—asked a couple and they had JUST been there and said it is great—and it is!!!!! Definitely the best discovery this trip!