All reviewsjazz clublive jazzoyster baropen atriumcanal street subwaynew yorkcool hotelcool vibeworld tradefreedom towerlower manhattanlounge areagreenwich villagebattery parklight sleeperamazing hotelthe financial district
Reviewed 28 June 2018

As guests of "a certain age," my husband and I were expecting to feel out of place at this stylishly, trendy NYC full-service lodging. However, quite to our delight, the accommodations, amenities, and staff proved our expectations groundless. The hotel is charming, and the service was outstanding. Moreover, we were splendidly satisfied by every meal, whether breakfast, lunch, dinner, or late night snack. Without hesitation, we look forward to visiting The Roxy again, where we know our age served us well in recognizing a winner!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sami R, Guest Relations Manager at The Roxy Hotel Tribeca, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear rfa52,

Thank you for recommending The Roxy on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear our team members were able to enhance your visit. During your next visit, we recommend visiting our Oyster Bar where we have sunset cocktails and dollar oyster happy hour from 5-7PM. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

From the moment I pulled up to the Roxy Hotel I received the warmest welcome from Billy, who assisted with my bags and escorted me to the hotel. Upon check in I enjoyed a glass of complimentary Rose while I waited for my room to be ready (I arrived extremely early, 10:00am).

The Sales Manager, Sarita, introduced herself and gave me a list of great things to enjoy in the city while I waited for my room. Before I was on my way we enjoyed house made ice cream from the cutest Roxy Stand which is right outside the entrance of the hotel. The mint chocolate chip is a must-try.

Only an hour had passed and I received a call from The Roxy advising that my room was ready for check in.

When I returned to the hotel, Billy helped me with my bags and escorted me to my room. I stayed in the Loft Suite which was the perfect size and included a gorgeous view of the Freedom Tower. There was a great selection of in-room snacks and beverages as well as glasses for champagne and wine. The desk had a Bluetooth record player which I loved as well as a selection of old school vinyl.

The bathroom amenities came in two different sizes, mini samples and larger bottles to take home with you. The shampoo and conditioner made my hair feel so soft and my hair was perfect ALL DAY!

Next, I stopped by The Roxy Bar for a snack. It was happy hour so oysters were only $1 each and they were amazing. The chef also treated me to a secret mushroom dish that is not yet on the menu but will hopefully be added soon (because it was incredible).

Later that evening I visited Django for dinner and drinks (lower level of the hotel). Their craft cocktails were tasty (I ordered The Django and The Showstopper). They also have a great selection of French Wines. If you need help selecting the perfect wine, the sommelier Corwin Kilvert is extremely helpful and knowledgeable with years of experience. I also enjoyed the entree sized steak tartare and meat & cheese plate.

The Live Jazz by The Hudson Horns at The Django was phenomenal and lively. The crowd fun and dancing and singing with the band, it was truly an amazing experience. If you're looking for a fun spot on a Friday night, definitely stop by The Django.

After The Django, I went to the nightclub attached to The Roxy, Paul's Baby Grand. As a Miami local, I have been so so many nightclubs but nothing compares to Paul's Baby Grand. It's the perfect vibe, great music- everything from old-school to hip hop to Spanish. Most importantly, it's extremely clean and elegantly decorated. I danced all night!

Overall, I had an amazing experience at The Roxy and I cannot wait to return!!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear jacquelinefer94

Thank you for choosing Roxy Hotel and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to learn that our team was able to assist in making your stay memorable. During your next visit, we encourage you to enjoy popcorn and a movie in our Cinema where we offer complimentary admission to our hotel guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Director fo Guest Services

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Had the best time in this hotel. Its a bit pricey but all the facilities made up for it.
Have their own private cinema (its free for hotel guests) and their own jazz lounge, not to forget that in the lobby they also have another live music.

The room is decorated in retro style, clean and neat.
You can also borrow bikes to get around town and feel like a true new yorker. All the staff are very very friendly and helpful.

You will definitely have the best time in this hotel. Would recommend everyone to stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Josephine W,

Thank you for choosing The Roxy Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel’s décor and live entertainment as well. Feel free to reach out to me directly prior to your next visit at SRahman@roxyhoteltribeca.com so that I can ensure that you have everything needed for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Have been living and working in downtown NYC/Brooklyn for over 2 decades, and have been to this place countless times over the years, but not recently (was previously the Tribeca Grand). Went there last Friday for dinner (staycation weekend in NY) with plans to go down to the Jazz club in the basement – Django. The place has completely kept up with the downtown vibe and is about as hip as you could possibly want, without losing touch with service and quality! Food was fantastic – had lots of raw bar, amazing mushrooms & the lamb chop special. The chef (Carl) come by to check on us – total dude…..makes me regret not living my dream of becoming a chef! Django was perfect – and on a Friday in the summer relatively uncrowded (the locals in the know were probably in the Hamptons!). Great lead singer and some serious brass back up… really was a treat! The Manager (Browin? Welsh name?) was another standout, working the room despite the high noise level of the live music. We even managed to go to the separately operated niteclub they have attached – Paul’s Baby Grand - but left as the beautiful millennials were arriving….night time for us olduns!
Overall: Great experience, and impressed that they have managed to stay so relevant! With so many options to choose from in NYC, this place really is a stand out.......Will def be back soon!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Philip B

Dear Philip,

Thank you for sharing your recent visit on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn our team was able to enhance your visit. We are delighted that you enjoyed our live entertainment in The Django Jazz Club. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

With the whole movement of luxury being personalized, accessible, and local, The Roxy emerges as a clear cut choice for the perfect New York weekend. It's amazing location nestles in the heart of neighborhood life of the city and away from the tourist areas of mid Town and central park.

I had the pleasure of staying at the property over a normal summer weekend and it did not disappoint. Champagne arrival started of the evening perfectly. The staff was all extremly friendly and polite. The mood was set from arrival, with the brick facade building and jazz music playing in the lobby.

While the property is laid out in an atrium style, management has done well to embrace this instead of letting it be a hindrance. The ground floor is the heart and soul of the hotel, and you can feel it the moment you step out of the room. Conveniently, each room has a white noise system both inside and out and you can finish your evening quietly on your own terms.

The rooms are well appointed with the highlights being the beds, retro minifridge, and turntable (records not required).

No need to leave the property on your first night; the hotel has everything you need! Head down to Django for amazing live music in a fun underground environment. Isaac was our server for the evening and he was extremely attentive. The drinks were delicious and the space had a great variety of food selections. For the late night cap, Paul's Baby Grand is the place to be.

Being so close to Tribecca, we woke up the next morning and asked the doormen for recommendations. It turns out they have been around for a long time and know exactly where to send you when you need something. We spent most of the day exploring the city and returned Sunday for brunch.

Brunch at The Roxy is a must. Just do it. You won't be disappointed. We had to leave shortly after and the doormen were really quick to advise checking my Uber before calling one. A flat rate to JFK is $65 but my Uber was surging a bit and was quoting 70+. I opted for the flat rate and was very happy to save the extra money.

I left the hotel extremely pleased with my weekend in the city. I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates bespoke luxury and prefers to be away from the heavy tourist areas. Can't wait to return!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 27 June 2018

Dear David S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at The Roxy on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn our team was able to enhance your stay. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the Teac turntable and Smeg refrigerator in your room. We all look forward to another memorable stay.