“Tasty Treat”

Merchants River House
Reserve with OpenTable
Merchants River House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 150 of 14 744 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Hudson River Esplanade between Albany & Liberty Streets
Transit: Easily reached by the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, E, N, R and PATH trains, as well as the M20 and M22 Bus.
Description: Located on the Esplanade between Liberty and Albany streets in NYC, Merchant’s River House is an upbeat, casual and family-friendly restaurant offering great views of the Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty. Enjoy the American bistro experience, with tasty, affordable food served in a unique and gorgeous setting.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had two meat ball starters and a shrimp starter with one cocktail and a pitcher of juice. The food tasted good full of flabour and drinks were really good. The readoni say a tasty treat it worked out to be 87 pound for just these snacks. But we discovered to get decent food in new York you have to pay over the odds. The views as other people have said are fantastic and you get friendly service. I would go back once I've saved up!

Merchants R, General Manager at Merchants River House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for joining us and sharing your experience. We very much appreciate all the comments on food, drinks, views and service. We hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great location right on the water. Lovely to sit outside on a gorgeous day. Found it by walking around and I’m so glad I did! Food is delicious. A few reviews led me to stay away from the calamari. So, I had the tuna tacos and they were fabulous. They come with a baby sauce dispenser. The avocado fries were unique and delicious. Small yet good selection of wine by the glass. I had a glass of Merlot and it was a good choice. Music was a little loud and I liked it! I would definitely come back.

Dear Mishka01,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We very much appreciate all your feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon, and maybe even convincing you of trying the calamari!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went TWICE during a 3 day trip to NYC from California. Service was friendly, personable and very efficient. Food was way better than we expected. Went originally for the great location and spectacular view- went back for the food!
Will definitely return on my next trip!

Dear Kathryn P,

Thank you for joining us twice in one week!! Really glad we made such an amazing impression and you'll be returning on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good things about this restaurant: the view is spectacular; the wait staff is super efficient; the location; the prices. Understand that my friends and I are of a certain age, so we found this lovely setting to be way too noisy. The music is what you would call lively and loud. Ouch. The food was ok, but not remarkable. I had calamari (starter) and cole slaw (side.) Both were ok. My friend didn't like his choice nor did he like the price for a small glass of wine.I would try this place again except for the noise.

Merchants R, General Manager at Merchants River House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your entire experience. We are pleased that you found many good things about us and have also noted your not so pleasant findings. We appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback and will do our best to make any changes as necessary. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location right on the waterfront in the financial district. I had the shreddd Brussels sprout salad with chicken, my daughter had fish & chips. We sat indoors (too hot to be outside), right by the window so we could watch the boats. Great food, decent prices for the area, pleasant servers. Will be back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your great experience. We look forward to your next visit and hope it's pleasant enough for al fresco dining.

Best Regards,