“Italian high quality fast food in a shopping mall”
Review of Eataly

Eataly
Ranked #278 of 15 768 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This place is a very good combination of delicious Italian food and the possibility to have a quick lunch in a shopping mall. Different stations for different kind of self-service meals are available, as well as a small restaurant with service at the table. We decided to go for the restaurant part. The staff was friendly. The food quality very good. The price high, but normal for a luxury shopping center in New York City.

Write a ReviewReviews (11 712)

287 - 291 of 11 712 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We ate at "La Pizza & La Pasta" restaurant. The food was good and basic. The meal is served very fast which made me think they prepare the meals in advance. The wine was good and so was the service. The place is crowded and a little noisy.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Where to start?!
This is not just a place to enjoy an authentic Italian meal, it is a destination which has the same feeling of an upscale market in Italy! There were so many delectable imported treats, it was hard to choose just a few.
Dinner consisted of a salad and a burrata appetizer, which was melt in your mouth incredible!
We chose house made pastas for our entrees, one was a spinach ravioli with local made ricotta. While it was very tasty, we all agreed it was a touch on the dry side and needed just a little more ricotta. (Not worthy of a return, just something to note if you are expecting a large amount of ricotta.) It was tasty nonetheless.
The pasta with brisket was phenomenal!
For dessert, we had the house made gelato.... it was as good as any I had in Italy (and I have had quite a few!).
Do yourself a favor and stop in, even just for a look, you will be glad you did!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This is another one of my daughter’s favorite places to eat for some reason. I did not like it. We each got different dishes and I didn’t like any of them. The pizza was soggy and the pastas were not of my taste. Service was slow had to wait each time our water glasses were empty. I would not go back but I am sure my daughter still eats here. I guess our tastes in food are completely different. The store itself was nice and if I needed to get anything Italian for cooking this is the place for sure. The rest of the family wasn’t impressed either. We are still wondering why my oldest daughter loves to eat here.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Eataly is a feast for the eyes! I have visited multiple times and am still satisfied. The food is great, the service is great! Make sure to check out the views of the WTC!