All reviews bathroom mirror front desk madison square park new york shake shack boutique hotel higher floor lobby bar location is great greenwich village yogurt the empire state building rooms are small tv jets eataly subway
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Had to change rooms multiple times. First room, toilet didn’t flush, second room the heat was stuck at 80 and windows painted shut. Third room adequate. Location was great but that was about it for plus’s. Hotel run down and musty. Don’t stay here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Staff is incredibly rude. They don’t even say Hello when you arrive nor did they say Goodbye! Air conditioning broke in the middle of the night and I had to move rooms. Place smelled like gas and the breakfast was cereal boxes and bagels. For the price we paid (even at a corporate discount) I expected more. This is my second stay there and the place is definitely going down. I will never come back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Had a terrible experience here. During the first night of stay, a squealing sound sets off when the heat kicked in at 6am in the morning.

The beds are super hard - ending up giving me some back pain. maybe good for back sleepers but really uncomfortable for side sleepers.

I asked to see if there is a room available with a softer bed for the third night. The receptionist promised me 1) she could move me to a room with king size bed with foam mattress - it will be a lot softer 2) she will move my luggage in the morning.

When I came back in the afternoon, the luggage is not moved and the new room still had the crappy hard bed. I called the front desk and they weren’t even responsive to solve the problem - I gave up and went elsewhere.

The place is old and full of problems. With super limited service.

LIMIT YOUR DOWNSIDE AND GO ELSEWHERE!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank weiweiSFca
Reviewed 9 May 2018

We stayed here last weekend and it was thoroughly enjoyable. The room was small but adequate. Nice accouterments and a very comfortable bed with drapes that keep the light out. The breakfast provided is nothing to write home about, but with a Starbucks across the street, no worries. The place is clean and very efficient. Front desk persons were very pleasant and we think we received a fair value for NY pricing and the location is perfect.
What's not to like.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed for business and whilst the location is great there was very little else to be positive about. Staff appeared abrupt and there was very few of them. The room had no mini bar etc, the carpets looked grubby, the entire hotel looked tired and run down. We ran out of hot water and ended up having to shift hotels. Wouldn’t recommend.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business