“Surprised! Based on Reviews!”
Review of The Breslin

The Breslin
Ranked #1 790 of 14 730 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having booked a res but then tapped into the reviews- I almost cancelled as everyone was saying service and food was bad.

I was the first to arrive so went to the bar area which is nice, large with communal tables. Immediately a very pleasant person took my drink order and did so when my friend arrived. My husband then arrived and immediately moved to a corner table- which I had requested.
The Caesar salad was the best I have ever had and is more than enough for 2 people.

As you will see often - the lamb burger and fries are to die for and would repeat that order again.

They do serve whole pigs which a table of about 15-18 men ordered so it was a bit disconcerting to see that little animal on the platter.

Skip the olives but I would go back again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great and friendly staff, great food especially polish sausage and lamb burger. The bar has a fun atmosphere and very hip crowd.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Breslin has a vibrant bar scene, but is too dark, crowded and loud to enjoy quiet conversation over dinner. We were a party of 4, seated upstairs away from the bar and it was still hard to hear each other speak.
The portions are large and the menu is very meat-based. I had the Scottish Salmon and though flavorful, there were so many bones in it that I spent my entire meal pulling fish bones out of the salmon and sometimes even my mouth - sort of disgusting and completely ruined my dinner unfortunately.
The Breslin is better suited for men in their 30's than women in their 50's! The restaurant selection was our mistake - next time we will pick a quieter place with more salads on the menu!

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for a late lunch (4pm)
Always wanted to try the burger here as it’s one of April Bloomfield’s specialities.
Was greated and served by a really nice bartender called nick,
We were brought our food out by another Barman ( didn’t get his name)
Anyway the burger I received was not edible as bread was so stale, when I told this bartender he threw the chips off the plate abruptly and brought burger back to kitchen.
When he returned I simply asked did the chef agree with me about the bread.
He got very aggressive and argumentative about it then saying things like “well I didn’t bite into your burger “ and “you ordered off the midday menu “ “ you should have come for lunch or dinner”
When I said I came to an April Bloomfield rest to eat I didn’t think it matters the time of day, the quality should be the same right ?
Especially for 23 dollars for burger and fries. His attitude was awful. So we paid the tab and left , It was such a pity because the service by the previous server was so professional.
The place needs to pick up socks

1  Thank Kev D
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly local bar for a few cold beers, nice bar snacks, the smell of the restaurant is very enticing!!! Will definitely be coming back.