All reviews flower district rooftop bar hotel indigo great location new york subway access penn station chelsea market nice hotel comfortable stay staff was very friendly and helpful great rate herald square mini bar the high line the room was nice comfortable rooms
Reviewed 29 March 2018

This was my first trip to New York and the location of Hotel Hayden was perfect for walking to Times Square, Little Italy, Chinatown and more. And the staff was absolutely very accommodating to my needs not to mention the amazing Greek food offered in the restaurant and rooftop bar. I would definitely recommend and return to this destination in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are a bit small.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Curt H, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Hayden, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Jdorfmeyer:
I'm happy that you found us and that we proved to be exactly what you were looking for to meet you lodging needs. Please feel free to contact me when your travel plans bring you back to NYC. All the best!!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I booked them through Booking.com and got a great rate. The staff is excellent, very attentive; the doorman was an added bonus -- especially because I was on crutches this trip. There is a nice rooftop greenhouse lounge with bar, and a street level patio. Good location blocks from Penn Station. The rooms were good size, well appointed. I enjoyed the stay and will use them again when I'm back in town.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay with us last week. I'm happy that we are what you were looking for. It would be an honor to have you stay with us again. All the best!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I wanted to take the time to review this hotel because I was really impressed by it. I stayed here for three nights this spring with my daughter. We had stayed the first part of our trip in Times Square with a large group, so it was so nice to get out of the craziness of Times Square to Chelsea's flower district. The hotel is on a street full of flower shops, so flowers and potted trees and plants line the street during the day. The hotel staff is so friendly! We lucked out and our room was ready early, so they sent us right up. The first day we came down a little too late for the free breakfast, but the lady in the restaurant made a to-go box for us of warm, buttery, flakey croissants and orange juice. I thought that was really nice of her, since they had already completed cleaning up. The staff in the lobby was always there to greet us as we came and went. I forgot my key one time, and they quickly made me a new one. I like that you have to scan your key in the elevator to access the guest floors, gives a nice little extra security. I used the business center to print some stuff, and that was easy to access and a staff member stopped by to make sure I was doing okay. The hotel has a gym, although I didn't use it. In the evenings when we returned to the hotel, the street was pretty empty because all the flower shops are closed, but we still felt very safe staying here. There was some construction going on across the street, but never heard it inside of the hotel. I'm not sure there's a street in NY that doesn't have construction going on!! On the day we were leaving, I had ordered a Lyft, but it was late, so one of the lobby staff quickly found me a cab. I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff is great. The hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable. It's nice being able to grab a quick complimentary breakfast before you head out for the day.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Curt H, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Hayden, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Jessica P:
Thank you for giving us your feedback from your stay. I appreciate that you recognized the efforts of our staff, who always go above and beyond to provide an experience that keep guests coming back. My hope is that we will see you in the near future. All the best
Curt H

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I was in NYC for four nights in March for work and I booked my trip ahead of time through hotels.com. I only paid $150/night, and the location, cleanliness, convenience, friendliness of the staff were all fantastic. My room was clean and quiet, and very comfortable. The restaurant downstairs has decent breakfast, and the rooftop bar was pretty fun (though cold at this time of year). I really enjoyed my stay here, and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Garret C, General Manager at Hotel Hayden, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you so much for staying with Hotel Hayden and we appreciate your kind words. I will be sure to share with our fine staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New York City.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We spent a week here on vacation in NYC and loved the Hayden. The room is small but contemporary, clean, and inviting. Front desk and housekeeping staff are exceptional. Great breakfast under $10 downstairs. The bartender comped us an extra beer and tried to also comp us a dessert! Loved the rooftop bar, and the complimentary NY Times.

Room Tip: We were 17th floor, Room 1706 and it was plenty quiet.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Thank Chad R. S

Thank for staying with us for a week Chad. We certainly appreciate your business and the kind words about our staff. They will appreciate hearing that. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Hayden hopefully in the not too distant future.