“The best steakhouse ever!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 14 912 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$11 - US$130
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were soon to be travelling to NYC for our wedding and I wanted to plan a nice meal for the evening before our big day. I carried out a lot of research online and read the fantastic reviews for this restaurant. I looked no further and booked straight away and wow we were not disappointed! We were received by a very warm and friendly welcome. The atmosphere was lovely, really cosy and relaxing, there are many interesting photographs on the walls which added to the character of the restaurant and a small live band played which was great. We loved the fact that we were not rushed to place our order which happens in so many restaurants. The waiter was very attentive without being intrusive and he was also very helpful and knowledgeable of the menu items. Our food was absolutely amazing, THE best steak we have ever had. Every course was exceptional and we were treated to a complimentary desert. The owner, Bruno, stopped to ask if we were happy with everything and we had a very pleasant conversation with him. He even took a photo of the two of us and printed it off, a fantastic reminder of our last evening as Mr & Miss. We cannot recommend this restaurant enough! The family really care about their customers and they honestly provide an outstanding dining experience. This restaurant is a must if you are visiting NYC and when we return we will be sure to visit again. Thank you to the team at Club A Steakhouse, it was a memorable evening. Keep up the great work!

2  Thank CharisE2
ClubASteakhouse, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hi Charis,

Congratulations on your wedding!! Best steakhouse ever thank you so much for the kind review. We do care about our customers and I appreciate that you mentioned it. I am very happy to hear you plan on returning on your next visit to NYC.

Bruno

Write a ReviewReviews (3 113)

86 - 90 of 3 119 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

It was more than just great steak... the owner, Bruno, was an amazing host. I feel like we made friends. His restaurant is his home, and we were friends visiting. The porterhouse for two was tender and juicy, and the creamed spinach and baked potato were perfect. The complimentary fresh mushroom ravioli and fruit for dessert were unexpected gifts that were great.

Wine poured from amazing decanters in a beautiful setting. (Sit upstairs if you can for the great view.) I'll be back with friends!!

2  Thank AuthorDave
ClubASteakhouse, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hi Dave,

Thank you for a wonderful review. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you at my restaurant/home. I am very happy you enjoyed our food and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The food here is really good but what stands out to me is the service. They are truly concerned and work very hard to make your experience wonderful and memorable. I visited with my two adult children and we had an experience together we will always remember and we have the picture to prove it.

2  Thank chumph11

Hi,

Thank you for your kind review. I really appreciate you acknowledging the hard work of my staff. I hope to see you and your family at Club A again soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

How is it that this steakhouse is not on any lists - and has been around for 40+ years?!?!?!? Embarrassed to say we learned about Club A Steakhouse from a visitor to NYC! So glad we listened! First of all, it's delicious, second of all, it's quiet, third of all, the service is fantastic and there are a few add-ons to your special visit that are a nice touch (no spoiler alerts here - find out for yourself). Finally, after a wonderful evening - you'll find it's the most affordable steakhouse in NYC! We had the signature Porterhouse for 2, with 3 sides and a very good bottle of wine, and came out for half the price of one person at an establishment in Columbus Circle which gets twice the press. The owner is on the premises, which we find always makes a welcomed difference. This place has it all! We will definitely be back to Club A - only downside is we don't live closer to it!

2  Thank mnbnyc

Hi,

I am happy to hear you discovered Club A Steakhous and that you will be back! Thank you for your kind review and I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to my restaurant. We'll see you soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening at Club A Steakhouse and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in New York. We were in a bit of a hurry because we needed to get to a show but I would have loved to have spent more time there. In addition to the double lamb chops which we ordered and which were cooked to perfection we were offered the mushroom ravioli to start with (which was very yummy and which I will definitely order next time) as well as a delicious assortment of puddings. The special thing about this restaurant is the superb service. I found the service in all the New York restaurants that we went to to be excellent, however this restaurant stole the show! Everyone was super attentive including the owner (without being rashy) and we were made to feel very welcome whilst still managing to get to our show on time. The live music was delightful and not intrusive and added to the lovely warm ambiance of the restaurant. To end it all we were bought a beautiful platter of fruit which looked like a work of art! In short, we were made to feel like royalty! Thank you!

2  Thank Georgina S

Hi Georgina,

Thank you for the recommendation and the five star review! I am very pleased you enjoyed the Club A experience and you made your show in time. I hope we get the pleasure of serving you on your next visit to NYC.