Reviews (2 309)
2 309 results
All reviews penn station double tree new york warm cookies the empire state building madison square garden rooms are small times square front desk staff convenient location high floor nyc hotels two double beds around the corner two blocks street noise manhattan
85 - 90 of 2 309 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Great hotel - great staff - highly recommend - reasonably quiet and will be even better when the restoration is complete. For NYC - this is pretty much a bargain. Location was perfect to Pennsylvania Station. Exactly what I was looking for

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank 308alanthompson
Tammy S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our location. We look forward to hosting you again when our modernization is complete!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

You charged me double for my room when I thought I was only being charged for the deposit. When I questioned it and showed the receipt for the room having been paid for already, you told me there was nothing you could do. This left me with almost no money for the rest of my trip. I had to annoy family and my travel agent in Australia to get this fixed because your front counter staff were adamant there was nothing they could do. This was eventually fixed but stressed me to the point of crying. You need more elevators, sometimes I had to wait 5-10 minutes. I was not climbing 21 flights of stairs. The rooms were very small, we could barely move once our cases were in. The water pressure in the shower is awful, it's either too hard or not enough. My sheet has had a hole in it since the day I arrived. You will probably charge me for this and the mark on top of the bed that was also been there since I arrived. The beds were comfy and it has a great location but I would not stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank rachykinns
Tammy S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Although the hotel is undergoing renovations and the exterior entrance curb appeal was not the best, the stay was pleasant and comfortable. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Hotel is close to high line and a brisk walk to Javitz Center. For so many floors / rooms there are only 2 elevators so be prepared to wait. Then be prepared to wait at the front desk because there was usually only one person behind the desk. Bell Desk Staff was great as were the bartenders. Rooms are tight (small) but very clean and the beds are comfortable; although Hotel is under Construction so don't plan on sleeping in!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear you found our location convenient! It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again. We are currently undergoing a modernization of our 26-story DoubleTree by Hilton-Chelsea. We want our guests to have the full New York City experience complete with the most up to date architecture and design. The modernization of this property includes a transformation of the entryway, lobby, front-desk, lounge area, restaurant and bar, the business center, and upgrade to guest room.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Overall the hotel was ok. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was ok although quite dated. The hotel location was pretty good, close to the subway and walking distance to Times Square.
Overall I feel that the hotel was overpriced for what it was and in need of some tlc.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Tammy S, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chelsea - New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are currently undergoing a modernization of our 26-story DoubleTree by Hilton-Chelsea. We want our guests to have the full New York City experience complete with the most up to date architecture and design. The modernization of this property includes a transformation of the entryway, lobby, front-desk, lounge area, restaurant and bar, the business center, and upgrade to guest room. We hope that on your next trip you stay with us to enjoy our improvements.