Reviews (2 377)
2 377 results
1 015
1 015
All reviews times square hi express free breakfast new york the breakfast area yogurt port authority breakfast staff rooms are small city view the empire state building penn station around the corner hell's kitchen few blocks cleaning staff hudson river
45 - 50 of 2 377 reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2018

The desk staff were very helpful and nice and that was great since the hotel itself is small, cramped and in need of some renovations. While my room was tiny but clean, other areas of the hotel felt dirty or run down. The noise in my room on the 17th floor was minimal and the AC worked great so I'm sure that covered some of the city noise. The location was close to many tourist attractions but that also made the traffic heavy and the area very crowded. The breakfast supplied was free and adequate but was often crowded with not enough seating for everyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors will be quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Waheeda A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall.However, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and don't hesitate to call me to share more information and I will try my best to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

Stayed with my cousin relatively comfortable stay it was clean and tidy we had all we needed. Staff were very friendly and chatty would stay again.
The immediate location is not pretty very industrial straight out of an 80's NYC style gritty film. However, after a short walk you on the main streets easy access to shops and transportation.
Front view faces industrial site and rows of houses. Back also industrial but can have a view of the city block in the distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back for a view on the highest floor you can handle
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive comments and I am pleased that you had a good stay overall. However, I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and don't hesitate to call me to share more information and I will try my best to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

10 out of 10 location, it is perfect. Close to Central Park and Times Square. Also several subway stations around. The room are decent and clean. But wow the breakfast is wild, firstly the have limited choices and it’s the same thing every day. You get tired of it by the 3rd day. Wow even the breakfast area is so small and busier than Times Square. Also I got to the hotel early around 2 but had to wait for 4pm to get a room. The hotel staff were not even trying to check me until the official time. That kinda bored me after a 16 hour flight to have to wait for my room.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank Siphiwe D

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I arrived on a very early bus (7am), exhausted and not feeling all too well. The staff not only offered to text/call us when the room was ready, but when they noticed we kind of had no where else to go until later in the day, they let us check in 5 1/2 hours early. They were patient with us as it was our first time renting a hotel room, and the rooms themselves are a perfect size.

We are considering coming back in February, and will 100% be booking with this hotel again :)

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Waheeda A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Happy Guest,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The room was fine, it just was really small. The location is really close to Time Square which is either good or bad depending on your personality. The only issue with the place was the elevators. It took a long time to get one and get down out on the street. But clean room, not run doen it was nice. It's probably molre of a 3.5 but trip advisor doesn't do halves so I will go with 3

Stayed: October 2017