Warwick New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
The Dorset(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Blakely New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Shoreham(New York City)
  • Room Service
The London NYC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Parker New York(New York City)
  • Pool
2 471
1 529
2 471
1 529
All reviewscentral parkrandolph's barcary grantgreat locationnew yorktimes squaremuseum of modern artradio city music hallchocolate covered strawberriesbrick wallrockefeller centerfew blocksfifth avenueupgraded to a suiteroom was largehotel barking bed
FilterAll languages
11 - 16 of 4 599 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been staying at the Warwick for many years and it is still my favorite. I love the people who work here - the housekeeping staff, the doormen, the bellmen, the front desk and the wait staff at Randolph's. They are all wonderful. We love the food at Randolph's and the exquisite drinks. The location is the best and central to everything I like to do when visiting New York. Our bed and luxurious sheets were heavenly!!

Room maintenance was an issue. We had walls that were worn looking and in one instance there was a small hole that needed to be filled in and repainted, a light switch that were not secure to the wall, The woodwork in our room was scuffed and marked. The halls also looked tired. One of the three small passenger elevators was broken throughout our stay. We ended up taking the service elevator twice. Also, I like to have a grab bar in the tub. The Warwick's bathrooms are small, lovely and marble but there is nothing to hold as one enters or exits the tub. We find that most hotels have a grab bar as a universal accommodation - not just in rooms designed for disabled guests. There was no mat or feature on the floor of the tub to prevent falls.
Again, it remains my favorite hotel in New York. I hope that these suggestions are helpful and that I can give the Warwick 5 stars next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
jfabian2017, Director of Front Office at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and for continually making the Warwick New York your home away from home. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay however we would like to apologize at the same time for the issues that you encountered during your stay.
Our Engineering staff continually checks our rooms for maintenance issues and repair. However, they clearly missed this room. I will make sure that they address and correct these issues.
As with the elevator issue, we did have one elevator that was not working. As much as we wanted to expedite to fix it, our elevator company was waiting for the replacement parts which they only received last Monday.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance and we are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently stayed at the Warwick with my husband and daughter over Easter weekend. The check in was quick and efficient. Our room was small with a window facing inside to skyscrapers and scaffolding. It felt a little like a prison cell. The bathroom was fairly small, but ok by NYC standards. The good news is that the room was clean. The elevators were very slow only to find out the next day that one of the three had to be taken out of service. It was a crowded holiday weekend so waiting was very frustrating. Someone finally showed us to the service elevators which we took with the employees (who were super pleasant). I would also suggest that the hotel get a specific car valet section. We had to wait in the front desk line to ask to have our car brought around. The best part of this hotel is the location right on 6th ave...Duane Reade a few doors down, Time Sq or Central Park within a 10 minute walk and Magnolia Bakery a few blocks away.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Deb P

Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback.
I am pleased the you enjoyed your stay especially the cleanliness and the location of the hotel.
We do offer different room categories located throughout the building. Some of them faces 54th street and the others 6th Avenue.
I would like to apologize at the same time for the elevator wait times. We did have one elevator down during the weekend and our elevator company was waiting for the replacement parts which they only received last Monday.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance and we hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This magical hotel is the best place to experience in Manhattan. Early 20th century fashioned with every service supplied with kind and gentle staff. This hotel is haunted by the Hollywood acting people of old times. The rooms are large and tidy in every corner. It has been a pleasure to stay and breath that amazing atmosphere. Will be there again Randolph!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Billy K, Guest Relations Manager at Warwick New York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. It is so heartwarming to hear that the hotel and the staff was able to assist you during this difficult time. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Regards,
Joel Fabian
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at the Warwick for 7 nights in April 2018, travelling as 2 adults and 2 teenagers.

To the positive
- great location for the hotel, 5 mins to Central Park, 15 to Times Square, subway and taxis always close by
- all the doormen are great, with a welcome and a farewell every time you walk through the doors of the hotel
- hotel full of heritage and story

To the negative
- big building work going on right outside the hotel, with the materials lift starting into life at 6am on weekdays, so it’s an early wake up call everyday!
- the room we stayed in was a double premium, so the ones with two double beds and a separate living area. But the beds really are small doubles, so no change of any body sleeping in the same bed with somebody else without getting pretty close (clearly not something mixed sex teenager siblings want to do). So we were forced to get an extra rollaway bed for the living room.
- price of breakfast in the hotel is very high, much cheaper and good options close by

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank F543GBdavide

Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the history of the hotel, the cleanliness, size of our rooms and the location of the hotel.
We will make sure that we share your kind words with our doormen who made your stay memorable.
Unfortunately, during your stay as well, we are doing some work to maintain the historic façade of the building. We do our best to make sure that we minimize the inconvenience to our guests.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance and we hope that we can welcome you back real soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was excitedly looking forward to welcoming a new home away from home as I visit NYC very often for business and pleasure.

Instead of getting the room I booked which promised “unparalleled views of the iconic 6th Avenue (Avenue of the Americas) and some even of 54th Street” I got a tiny window full of scaffolding where I could barely see 54th street. It was so small and off the street that I couldn't even see the terrible snow storm that happened during my visit. Definitely not the room I paid for … I did ask for a room close to the elevator when I booked ... and the room was close to the elavator ... however ... the room had none of the features touted on the website.

I also booked in as part of a promotion with Warwick and Macy's. I never received anything for Macy’s. About a week in advance I called the hotel and was told I needed to call Macy’s to schedule my personal shopping appointment… I was also told I would receive my 15% discount certificate upon check-in … none of the things promised in the email I received to book this promotion happened.

According to the website:

Premier Plus Rooms are exquisitely designed with simple yet elegant accommodations. Neutral palettes of champagne and pistachio exude a sense of luxury and tranquility. These rooms offer unparalleled views of the iconic 6th Avenue (Avenue of the America) and some even of 54th Street. With one king bed, these spacious rooms are designed to accommodate all guest’s needs and even more.

I also got a room with two queens ... NOT a King.

The hotel is old and the room was desperately in need of a deep clean ... from the drapes with greasy finger prints to the comforters ... it just didn't have a clean feel.

I did reach out to the hotel and waited a few days to post the review to see if they would at least try to make it right but all I received was an "out of office" kickback and no response since then.

I was really looking for a new, smaller hotel. Doesn't look like it will be Warwick.

Room Tip: I can't provide a tip fora good room as the room I booked was not the room I was given.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin R

Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. We would like to apologize that your expectations were not met during your stay. I already alerted our Housekeeping staff regarding the cleanliness in the room as this is not the standard we follow. I also asked them to place corrective actions to prevent the same issue from happening again.
As with the room that you got, we do have our Premier Plus rooms located facing either 54th street or 6th avenue. During check in, I believe a miscommunication transpired since you asked to be near an elevator and our rooms facing 54th street is the closest rooms we have near an elevator.
We would like to thank you as well for providing feedback on one of our promotions. Clearly, we missed to follow through on what is included with the promotion. Rest assured, that we already placed notations on all our promotions to prevent another recurrence of this inconvenience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance and we hope that you can give us another chance to stay with us and we can turn this around and call the Warwick Nee York, your home away from home.
Again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Regards,